If you have an interest to work in the health industry, then you can obtain the knowledge and skills required through a broad range of degree programs such as healthcare administration, health IT, or physical therapy. For example, by taking a degree in health promotion, you would learn just how the public institutions along with education initiatives can be used to help promote well being and prevent disease. The program you would take would typically include classes in the areas of public policy, behavioral science and education.
But there are many other possible careers in the health industry and each has associated degree training. This page provides help in determining which program to take, where to find them, what the career prospects are, and more …
What is involved in studying health degrees?
Earning a bachelor degree through the program there is in this field will offer students interdisciplinary coursework in the health education, medical science and sociobiology. In most cases the program will emphasize on the preventions of the aspects of health care much more than its treatments, which shall cover topics such as nutrition, hygiene, and the environmental and occupational well being.
In health education degrees, students will learn methods that are used to coordinate public initiatives designed to help raise the awareness of the everyday activities which can increase the overall wellness of the population. There are some programs that specialize in the community education or even the health care administration, but in most cases these programs will provide plenty of knowledge in regard to the subject as a whole.
The educational prerequisites in regard to these programs will cover subjects that are in a variety of disciplines. All applicants that take part in this type of program will be required to have some strong skills with critical thinking, science and also communication. It can really help a student if they take classes in chemistry, biology, literature and speech, as these skills will be quite helpful when taking this kind of degree program.
Each of the classes shall teach the students how to apply their knowledge of any prevention of diseases, nutrition and how to raise the awareness of this matter to the community. The students will also learn how to communicate medical information so to diverse the population. Some of these courses in the subjects in most cases will be offered, such as mental, adult studies, contemporary issues, substance abuse issues and research and statistics in public that are in regard to this kind of program.
Careers, professional training and prospects
There are several popular career choices in regard to this field that can come from these types of degree programs. Some students will continue on to earn a masters in health, thereby increasing the range of possibilities open to them. Graduates will be able to work in medical clinics, hospitals, government agencies and doctor’s offices. There are plenty of students that choose to have a career as a primary school teacher, a public consultant and physician office manager.
There are many students who after earning their degree in this field, and go on to continue their education by becoming a teacher or registered nurses. The teachers in most cases will need to earn a bachelor or master degree and the registered nurses will need to pass the National Counsel License Examination and also they must meet the state requirements before they can ever work with any patients.
Here is a list of some of the professions that you can choose in this field:
- Environmental Health Specialists are trained to prevent the factors in our environment which can affect the health of the present and future generations.
- Health Education professionals direct educational programs for communities and work alongside other healthcare professionals to establish needs, develop goals, and assess the availability of healthcare services, in order to promote good health. Related professions are Dietetics, Health Promotion, Nutrition, and Public Health.
- Health IT is a very important area which deals with data in hospitals and medical facilities. It covers: Bioinformatics, Health Information Management, and Nursing Informatics.
- Health Care is a vast area, and includes health care management, medical assistance, nursing.
- Nursing professionals are those who interface directly with patients about their health care. They are always in demand all over the world.
The job outlook for graduate who earn their degree in any of the areas listed above is very promising as there are many people who will need some assistance in regard to their lifestyles and their health and wellness. The demand for health-related services is going to increase as a result of changes in legislation and an aging baby-boomer population. A new data release from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reveals health is one of the industries that are going to grow the fastest between 2012 and 2022.
List of health schools and programs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MA: Medical Sciences: Business Management
- MA: Medical Sciences: Health Informatics
- MA: Medical Sciences: Biopsychology
- And more...
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- And more...
- Put Your Finger on The Pulse. Find The Program That Beats For You!
- Get Matched to Medical Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
- With Flexible Online and On Campus Options, We Have A Program That’s Perfect for You