Are you interested in a career in the health and wellness field? If so, then might like to consider taking a health psychology degree program. The linking of health and psychology is a relatively recent phenomenon. Even so, health psychology programs are very popular amongst students, many of them wishing to specialize in such areas as clinical and health psychology, health and wellness psychology, and even beauty psychology.
Health psychology is mainly taken at master’s and doctoral levels. As a graduate you would be better equipped to assist people to live healthy and more enjoyable lives by enhancing their nutrition, exercise, work-life balance, and their ability cope with the stresses of life.
This page tells you more about health psychology study, helps you to locate suitable university degree programs, and provides information on career prospects. It is a broad field of study, and you might like to consider broadening your search by looking at the general psychology page.
What do you study?
Online health psychology is mainly taken at master’s and doctoral levels. In a masters health psychology program, you examine the biological, psychological, and social factors that influence health, illness prevention and health promotion. Click here for more details of the masters program.
In a PhD Health Psychology or Doctor of Psychology in Health, you can focus your study in an area that suits your professional interests, but your aim will be to use the knowledge gained in the health psychology graduate program to assist people to live healthy and more effective lives by enhancing their nutrition, exercise, and work-life balance. As a health psychology doctoral student, you may be required to attend some residential workshops during your program. Click here for more details of the doctoral programs available.
What are the career prospects with a health psychology degree?
A Masters prepares you for work in a variety of healthcare organizations as a research assistant, project manager, or behavior specialist. Thus, one can find graduates of health psychology online degrees in management jobs or specialist positions in health and wellness counseling, education, training, testing, or research.
With a doctorate in health psychology it is possible to for you to work as a health analyst, consultant, or educator. The competition is tough, but it is possible to obtain faculty positions at universities and community colleges. In the US, as an Assistant Professor you would earn about US$54,000, as a Associate Professor about US$67,000, and as a full Professor you would earn about US$85,000.
List of schools and programs
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Forensic Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Geropsychology
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Science in General Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- And more...
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Psychology
- B.A. in Psychology
- B.A. in Psychology / Human Development, Education and Health
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!