If you want to work in the healthcare field but not in direct patient care, or if you are already working in the health care field (e.g., as a nurse or other health practitioner) and want to move into the managerial or administrative side of healthcare, then a healthcare administration masters degree will give you the required knowledge and skills. This page gives you more information about what is involved in studying such a program online, where you can study it, and your job prospects after completion.
A masters degree in health care administration might be just the right program for you if you are wanting to progress your career in the health care industry. With this qualification, you will be able to apply for positions in governmental, nonprofit, and private health facilities. You may also like to look at the masters programs in healthcare management. You will need to have an undergraduate degree before taking the masters. After completion of a masters, you might consider taking a PhD program in healthcare management.
What is studied in a?
Health care management professionals are those responsible for management and administration in healthcare. It is their responsibility to ensure that their organizations have strong medical, operational, and financial administration and management. They also need to have the skills and knowledge required to strategically utilize new developments in technology, communication and economics in a constantly changing global environment. So a broad education is required in a masters in health care administration.
A typical online masters in health care administration program, such as is available from Kaplan University Online, South University, Independence University, is designed for students to acquire leadership skills in administration and to critically examine issues in health care delivery and policy. The curriculum includes content in finance, policy, technology, quality improvement, economics, marketing, scheduling and strategic planning. You can also study it as a specialization in an MBA or as a dual degree, e.g., MBA & MS in Nursing. Such programs are typically designed for those already working in the healthcare field who wish to have a career in health care administration.
What jobs are there after graduating?
A masters degree is required for almost every position in the health care and health services administration field, including public health. Your studies prepare you for a wide range of administrative leadership and management positions in governmental, nonprofit, and private organizations. Graduates with a master’s degree may enter the industry as an associate administrator or manager/supervisor of a department. With more experience in the industry, the positions you might take would include: health care administrator, hospital administrator, or health service manager.
According to the US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics, the prospects are good as regards health care administration degree jobs (click here for more details).
List of healthcare administration schools and programs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS: Human Performance: Clinical
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition and Wellness
- MS: Human Performance: Fitness and Wellness
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Management and Organizational Leadership
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Everglades University
- Earn a Degree in Renewable Energy, Online or On-Campus. Get Info!
- Master's Degree in Public Health Administration
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- MBA in Healthcare
- Earn a Master of Public Health Online in 24 Months.
- UNC’s Online Master of Public Health Program, Bachelor’s degree required.
- Online MPH From #1 Public School of Public Health
- UNC’s Online MPH | GRE, GMAT or MCAT Required | Nutrition and MPH/RD concentrations
- MPH/ RD : ACEND - accredited, 28 or 36 months to complete
- Nutrition : 20 or 28 months to complete
- Online Master of Public Health program with a Nutrition concentration
- Online Master of Public Health/Registered Dietitian program
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!