Administrative career paths can take one into fields such as nursing home or hospital administration, insurance coding or working with medical records. Government agencies and community organizations have a need for the expertise that comes with a healthcare or hospital administration degree. Graduates in this field are also hired to teach health topics to students from secondary school upwards.
Healthcare administration programs provide the skills and knowledge required to help ensure that health organizations have strong medical, operational, and financial administration. Find out what is involved in the degree, where you can study it, and the job and salary prospects after completion.
Prospects for graduates of healthcare administration programs
What can you do with a healthcare administration degree? The level at which one is appointed depends in part on the academic qualification level attained. Generally a bachelors in healthcare administration will be required for a position as an assistant administrator, working under a senior administrator and perhaps directing activities in clinical areas, such as nursing, surgery, therapy, or medical records. But for a position as a health services administrator, a masters degree or above will be required.
Job prospects are good due to the large baby-boom population aging, people remaining active later in life, and recent changes in government health policy. The US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics, predicts that employment of medical and health services managers will grow 22 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations. According to the Department’s web site, the median income for those employed as managers in medical and health services careers was $88,580 in May 2012. The lowest paid 25% earned $69,160 or less while the highest paid 25% earned above $114,920.
List of healthcare administration schools and programs
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!