Administrative career paths can take one into fields such as nursing home or hospital administration, insurance coding or working with medical records. Government agencies and community organizations have a need for the expertise that comes with a healthcare or hospital administration degree. Graduates in this field are also hired to teach health topics to students from secondary school upwards.
Healthcare administration programs provide the skills and knowledge required to help ensure that health organizations have strong medical, operational, and financial administration. Find out what is involved in the degree, where you can study it, and the job and salary prospects after completion.
Prospects for graduates of healthcare administration programs
What can you do with a healthcare administration degree? The level at which one is appointed depends in part on the academic qualification level attained. Generally a bachelors in healthcare administration will be required for a position as an assistant administrator, working under a senior administrator and perhaps directing activities in clinical areas, such as nursing, surgery, therapy, or medical records. But for a position as a health services administrator, a masters degree or above will be required.
Job prospects are good due to the large baby-boom population aging, people remaining active later in life, and recent changes in government health policy. The US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics, predicts that employment of medical and health services managers will grow 22 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations. According to the Department’s web site, the median income for those employed as managers in medical and health services careers was $88,580 in May 2012. The lowest paid 25% earned $69,160 or less while the highest paid 25% earned above $114,920.
List of healthcare administration schools and programs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition and Wellness
- And more...
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Patient Care Technician
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- And more...
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A criminal background check is an enrollment requirement at Ultimate Medical Academy.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- A.S. - Healthcare Management
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!