Administrative career paths can take one into fields such as nursing home or hospital administration, insurance coding or working with medical records. Government agencies and community organizations have a need for the expertise that comes with a healthcare or hospital administration degree. Graduates in this field are also hired to teach health topics to students from secondary school upwards.
Healthcare administration programs provide the skills and knowledge required to help ensure that health organizations have strong medical, operational, and financial administration. Find out what is involved in the degree, where you can study it, and the job and salary prospects after completion.
Prospects for graduates of healthcare administration programs
What can you do with a healthcare administration degree? The level at which one is appointed depends in part on the academic qualification level attained. Generally a bachelors in healthcare administration will be required for a position as an assistant administrator, working under a senior administrator and perhaps directing activities in clinical areas, such as nursing, surgery, therapy, or medical records. But for a position as a health services administrator, a masters degree or above will be required.
Job prospects are good due to the large baby-boom population aging, people remaining active later in life, and recent changes in government health policy. The US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics, predicts that employment of medical and health services managers will grow 22 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations. According to the Department’s web site, the median income for those employed as managers in medical and health services careers was $88,580 in May 2012. The lowest paid 25% earned $69,160 or less while the highest paid 25% earned above $114,920.
List of healthcare administration schools and programs
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- Master of Public Administration with an Emphasis in Health Care Management
- B.S. in Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A criminal background check is an enrollment requirement at Ultimate Medical Academy.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- A.S. - Healthcare Management
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Healthcare Management