A human resources management program prepares you for the many varied tasks involving staff interactions in the workplace and offers the opportunity to build a “people oriented” career in the corporate world. It provides a good start to your career in the business world, and in government and non-government organizations.
Depending on your qualifications, you can take an associates, bachelors, masters or doctoral degree in human resource management. This page tells you more about these programs, where you can find them, what jobs are open to you after graduation, future prospects and more …
What do you study in a human resources management program?
Human resources management has gained importance in recent years as employee recruitment and training for changing work practices for greater efficiency has become part of stategic planning. Changes in workplace legislation has also made the role of the HR professional crucial. A human resources management degree prepares you to become part of this new environment, for example mediating in harassment cases, ensuring equal opportunities regulations are followed, recruiting new personnel, and maintaining employee records.
The typical program at bachelors level might include: industrial psychology, organizational structure, information management, quantitative analysis, communication skills, health and safety rules, labor law, employee training, and compensations rights and benefits administration.
At masters level, programs that enrol graduates from other areas might include some of the content of the bachelors program, but at a more advanced level. A typical program might include: planning and development, compensation rights, global management, health and safety rules, labor law, hiring protocols, disciplinary action, dispute resolution, benefits administration, employee training and development, and employee relations.
What are the prospects for graduates?
There are many jobs available to human resource management graduates. But it would depend very much on the level of qualification.
A human resources bachelor’s degree will qualify you to apply for an entry-level human resources assistant job. With some experience you can apply for a position as: manager of recruitment, labor relations manager, compensation manager, equal employment opportunity coordinator.
There has been “qualifications creep” as more people now take masters, hence reducing the value of an ordinary bachelors degree human resources. Some masters graduates may be able to take up a position as an HR director, overseeing an HR department. Other positions that masters graduates might apply for include HR generalist, training coordinator, and HR information systems specialist. An HR generalist’s job would include providing the programs and polices that govern an HR department. A training coordinator would organise sessions to train employees. An HR information systems specialist would develop computer applications and information systems to help manage and organize employee and potential recruits information.
A steady increase in the number of human resource vacancies is expected over the coming decade (US Bureau of Labor Statistics). In 2010, human resources jobs entry level salary is about $53,000 per annum for a human resource generalist. But with a higher qualification and appropriate experience, an HR manager can earn around $83,500.
List of schools and programs
- Discover 31 bachelor’s and master’s degrees in all areas of business, including business administration, finance, Marketing, and more.
- 24 business degree programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- BA/Human Resource Management
- Master of Human Resource Management
- MA/Organizational Management - Human Resources Management
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Human Resource Management
- Certificate: H.R. Management
- B.S. in Management / Human Resource Management
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MHA: Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- DBA in Human Resources
- And more...
- Separate yourself from the pack by completing one of Saint Leo’s highly-rated Business degree programs. Associates, Bachelors, and Graduate degrees in highly sought-after concentrations available!
- Learn the necessary skills and build the foundation to propel your business career by receiving an education from our faculty members with true real-world experience.
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Saint Leo offers a 14:1 Student-Teacher Ratio to ensure you get the personal attention you deserve.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Business degree today!
- BA: Human Resource Management
- MBA: Human Resource Management
- MBA: Cybersecurity Management
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Our top-ranking program blends modern business theory with real-world experience
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with ACBSP graduate business program accreditation
- High-quality, Christ-centered education with online and select on-campus & evening courses
- Qualifying bachelor's students can transfer up to 90 credit hours into their degree program
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business - General Management
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Business Admin w/Con Mgt & Leadership
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Admin w/Con Business Analytics
- And more...
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!