Human services professionals are responsible for providing support and creating support structures for people in the community. They work alongside social workers, doctors, and other specialists to help people tackle challenges in their lives.
This page is to help students to find on campus and online human services programs, in areas such as children’s services, mental health, aging, community work, substance abuse, disability work, youth work, welfare studies and marriage celebrancy. Other relevant areas that you might like to look at include: counseling, counseling psychology, gerontology.
What do you study in human services programs?
Human services is a broad area of study that includes several specializations. For example, human services administration focuses on the study of organizational behavior and the practice of management and planning. Course would include leadership, program development and implementation, community relations, and staff development. Through a specialization in Human Resources, you can develop a deeper awareness of leadership styles and how they impact individuals and teams.
A human services specialization in public policy would study how to analyze existing policy and the key economic and legal factors that influence decision–making. It would also explore strategies for collaborating and coordinating with legislators, lobbyists, and others to create informed policy and sustainable change.
What are the career requirements and prospects in human services?
Many of the programs listed here will be of interest to practitioners, supervisors, and managers from social work, psychology, prevention, and rehabilitation in these fields who are interested in increasing and improving their knowledge and practice. Some of the programs in this area are short continuing education courses for professionals.
Most entry level positions in the human services require you to have at least a bachelor’s degree and for management you would generally need a master’s degree and experience. People with majors in fields related to the human services degree for example sociology and psychology may also qualify for entry-level Social Work jobs.
Clinical and Health-related jobs require a Masters in Social Work degree. Jobs in supervision, administration, and training in human services also require an advanced degree. Any Social Worker planning to specialize in a particular area will find a Master’s in Social Work (MSW) degree is helpful.
List of schools and programs
- Select from nine degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level in psychology, sociology, social science, cultural anthropology, and more.
- Most degree programs are offered online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- Classes last 5 weeks for undergraduate programs and 6 weeks for graduate programs (doctoral dissertation classes last 9 weeks).
- BA/Applied Behavioral Science
- BS Human Services Leadership
- BA/Social Science - No Concentration
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MA: Human Services Counseling: Marriage and Family
- MA Human Services: Crisis Response and Trauma
- MA: Human Services Counseling: Dobson Center Parenting and Child/ Adolescent
- And more...
As a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health services that are designed for the future of the field. Through cutting-edge coursework, industry-active faculty members, and an array of majors and graduate programs, Regis has been able to positively impact the educational community, health services landscape, and personal lives of students nationwide.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Online Master of Social Work - Advanced Standing Track
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!