Human services professionals are responsible for providing support and creating support structures for people in the community. They work alongside social workers, doctors, and other specialists to help people tackle challenges in their lives.
This page is to help students to find on campus and online human services programs, in areas such as children’s services, mental health, aging, community work, substance abuse, disability work, youth work, welfare studies and marriage celebrancy. Other relevant areas that you might like to look at include: counseling, counseling psychology, gerontology.
What do you study in human services programs?
Human services is a broad area of study that includes several specializations. For example, human services administration focuses on the study of organizational behavior and the practice of management and planning. Course would include leadership, program development and implementation, community relations, and staff development. Through a specialization in Human Resources, you can develop a deeper awareness of leadership styles and how they impact individuals and teams.
A human services specialization in public policy would study how to analyze existing policy and the key economic and legal factors that influence decision–making. It would also explore strategies for collaborating and coordinating with legislators, lobbyists, and others to create informed policy and sustainable change.
What are the career requirements and prospects in human services?
Many of the programs listed here will be of interest to practitioners, supervisors, and managers from social work, psychology, prevention, and rehabilitation in these fields who are interested in increasing and improving their knowledge and practice. Some of the programs in this area are short continuing education courses for professionals.
Most entry level positions in the human services require you to have at least a bachelor’s degree and for management you would generally need a master’s degree and experience. People with majors in fields related to the human services degree for example sociology and psychology may also qualify for entry-level Social Work jobs.
Clinical and Health-related jobs require a Masters in Social Work degree. Jobs in supervision, administration, and training in human services also require an advanced degree. Any Social Worker planning to specialize in a particular area will find a Master’s in Social Work (MSW) degree is helpful.
List of schools and programs
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- M.S. in Human Services/Forensic Mental Health Counseling
- B.S. in Human Services / Human Services Management
- M.S. in Human Services
- And more...
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Human Services
- MS: Human Services Administration
- MSW: Advanced Clinical Practice (3 Year)
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- MA Human Services: Life Coaching
- MA Human Services: Christian Ministry
- MA Human Services: Crisis Response and Trauma
- And more...
As a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health services that are designed for the future of the field. Through cutting-edge coursework, industry-active faculty members, and an array of majors and graduate programs, Regis has been able to positively impact the educational community, health services landscape, and personal lives of students nationwide.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Online Master of Social Work - Advanced Standing Track
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Human Services
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work