Human services professionals are responsible for providing support and creating support structures for people in the community. They work alongside social workers, doctors, and other specialists to help people tackle challenges in their lives.
This page is to help students to find on campus and online human services programs, in areas such as children’s services, mental health, aging, community work, substance abuse, disability work, youth work, welfare studies and marriage celebrancy. Other relevant areas that you might like to look at include: counseling, counseling psychology, gerontology.
What do you study in human services programs?
Human services is a broad area of study that includes several specializations. For example, human services administration focuses on the study of organizational behavior and the practice of management and planning. Course would include leadership, program development and implementation, community relations, and staff development. Through a specialization in Human Resources, you can develop a deeper awareness of leadership styles and how they impact individuals and teams.
A human services specialization in public policy would study how to analyze existing policy and the key economic and legal factors that influence decision–making. It would also explore strategies for collaborating and coordinating with legislators, lobbyists, and others to create informed policy and sustainable change.
What are the career requirements and prospects in human services?
Many of the programs listed here will be of interest to practitioners, supervisors, and managers from social work, psychology, prevention, and rehabilitation in these fields who are interested in increasing and improving their knowledge and practice. Some of the programs in this area are short continuing education courses for professionals.
Most entry level positions in the human services require you to have at least a bachelor’s degree and for management you would generally need a master’s degree and experience. People with majors in fields related to the human services degree for example sociology and psychology may also qualify for entry-level Social Work jobs.
Clinical and Health-related jobs require a Masters in Social Work degree. Jobs in supervision, administration, and training in human services also require an advanced degree. Any Social Worker planning to specialize in a particular area will find a Master’s in Social Work (MSW) degree is helpful.
List of schools and programs
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Health and Human Services
- BA in Health and Human Services - Health Care Informatics Systems Specialization
- BA in Health and Human Services - Long-Term Care Specialization
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- Online Master of Social Work
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Human Service Certificates in Child and Family Services
- MS in Human Services
- Human Services
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- M.A. in Human Services - Biblical Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Grief Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Student Affairs
- And more...
The [email protected] is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Master of Social Work
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Theology Degrees Rooted in the Word of God
- Since 1949, GCU has been a premier private Christian university in Arizona, helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential.
- Across the College of Theology, our theology degrees are designed to help you apply Scripture to the context in which you serve.
- GCU offers a variety of transformative degrees with real-world relevance, such as Christian studies, pastoral ministry and the online Master of Divinity.
- Courses are available online, evenings and on campus in Phoenix, Arizona. Talk to us to learn about financial aid, start dates and more!
Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies (iSchool)—The Original Information School—is proud of its position as a leader in the field. The iSchool’s community of more than 50 faculty members, more than 1,400 students, and nearly 10,000 alumni are dedicated to driving innovation in information services and leveraging the power of information to build a better world.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.