An information systems masters degree course is an excellent choice if you wish to enhance your career potential as an IT professional. This page provides more details about the program and where it can be studied.
As information and communication technologies are now integral components of modern life, business, and trade, the requirement for professionals in this field is extremely high. A masters degree would allow you to understand the latest concepts that govern networks, telecommunication, business system analysis, as well as the design, upkeep and programming of databases.
An information systems degree at masters level would be an excellent choice if you are already employed as an IT professional and want to enhance your career potential. The knowledge that can be learnt through such a program would allow you to understand core concepts in a greater detail. It would also help you to be prepared for any challenges and obstacles that need to be overcome to move up to a higher position.
What do information systems masters programs cover?
The coursework that would need to be completed to obtain this higher level qualification would in part depend upon the establishment at which you enroll and whether you take an information systems MBA or an information systems MS. Read the information available from each school and analyze the various programs and curriculum in full before making a choice, there can be major differences in the scope of the modules. The option of studying online is a very popular medium for this degree, as it allows students to continue with their present day roles while enhancing their skills.
The core curriculum would cover such subjects as:
- information systems analysis and design,
- database design and implementation,
- business data and communications networks,
- object oriented programming, and
- telecommunications and networking.
It is expected that upon graduation in a masters in information systems, a student would have an in depth understanding of project management, systems development, and the role of technology in achieving specific goals. It is also expected that graduates are able to maintain secure networks, as well as having excellent problem solving skills.
What are the career prospects after completing a masters in information systems?
Upon completion of this advanced level degree, a graduate would have a wide range of job opportunities made available to them. This can include taking up a position as a project manager, requirement analyst, programming team leader, chief information officer, chief knowledge officer, database administrator, system architect, and more.
It is predicted by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics that the number of positions available to computer and information systems managers will grow steadily in the coming decade, especially for those individuals holding a higher degree.
The salary made available to graduates in this field is extremely competitive. As of 2008, the mean annual wage for a management position relating to information systems was over $120,000, with the top twenty five per cent earning more than $143,000.
The salary depends upon both location and the type of employer. The industry that offers the best financial packages is the computer system design sector, this is followed by insurance companies, and software publishers.
Graduates based in New Jersey, New York, and California are able to receive the highest wage, though the greatest number of openings were to be found in the District of Columbia, Connecticut, and New Hampshire. There is also the possibility of working remotely from the comfort of your own home
List of schools and programs
- Earn your Master's in Cybersecurity Management from Tulane University
- 100% Online
- Designed to Fit into Your Busy Schedule
- Previous IT Work/Experience Required.
- Classes Start Soon! Enroll Now!
- Master of Professional Studies in Cybersecurity Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Information Technology Management
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Information Systems -Technology Management
- Doctor of Business Administration in Information Systems
- Johnson & Wales Online - Learn on your schedule
- Focus on Your Future - Earn Your Master's Degree 100% Online from JWU!
- MBA - Information Security/Assurance
- MS - Data Analytics
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management (MSTIM) Information Systems
- Computer and Information Security - MBA
- Management Information Systems - MBA
- And more...
- Live online classes: All classes are held weekly on a face-to-face video platform and are kept small, with a low student-to-faculty ratio.
- Renowned faculty: The program is designed by many of the same School of Information (I School) faculty and data science professionals who teach our on-campus programs.
- Multidisciplinary curriculum: Course work is designed with a project-based approach, encouraging the application of tools and methods to solve problems.
- UC Berkeley community: Students gain access to the UC Berkeley I School community, including technical support, academic support, and the university’s vast alumni network.
- Master of Information and Data Science
- The [email protected] is an online program designed for working professionals and can be completed in as little as 18 months.
- Live classes are held online and coursework is self-paced.
- Students in the [email protected] program have access to dedicated support services and join the Southern Methodist University (SMU) alumni network after graduation.
- Students attend an in-person immersion at the SMU campus in Dallas, Texas.
- The curriculum is truly interdisciplinary, bringing together subjects that data scientists use in the field every day.
- Coursework is pulled from three SMU schools: Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences, Lyle School of Engineering and Meadows School of the Arts.
- M.S. in Data Science
Claremont Graduate University (CGU) has been awarding master’s and doctoral degrees for nearly 100 years. Through our new online learning format, CGU’s specialized master’s degree programs and world renowned faculty are now accessible to a broader community of students seeking a rigorous and relevant graduate degree.
- Masters of Science in Evaluation & Applied Research
- Online program in HR Management and Analytics from Wharton
- Two-month online program by Wharton: Learn the latest HR Management and Analytics techniques to improve performance. Live faculty sessions.
- Learn through case studies and examples from automotive to banking.
- Custom exercises and moderated discussion make for interactive learning.
- Machine Learning
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!