International business programs can lead to exciting and well paid careers. There are a variety of fields that may interest you in this field, including: advertising, tourism, banking, product management and many more. There is clearly a need for qualified individuals in international companies in all of these areas due to the huge competition and challenges companies face in the global markets.
This page provides more details of the programs, where you can study them, and what the prospects are after completing a degree in one of the fields of international business. You may also like to check out the MBA in international business page.
Before applying for study, find out more about the entrance requirements of the schools (colleges or universities). Request information from several of them and consider the admission requirements list to make sure you have the information and the qualifications they require. You should apply for several schools and make sure they have a range of entry requirements, i.e., higher to lower levels of school grades. In this way you will maximize your admission chances.
What is studied in international business programs
Your international business courses may include: business operations, global value-chain management, imports and exports, international law, global human resource management, international marketing, international trade and investment, international finance, tax, foreign exchange.
While a bachelor degree is required as an entry-level qualification for this field, you must keep in mind the extensive competition for employment that should encourage you to aim for a masters degree to better your chances. Normally, it will take another one to three years to complete after the four-year bachelors degree is earned. International business programs require a high GPA and are extremely competitive.
As a student in a masters in international business you would take courses to prepare you for the challenges of global business in a competitive environment, including looking at the regulatory, political, and social factors involved. You would also take courses in financial and operational management.
One of the things that earning a degree in international business often requires is fluency in a second language. It will also require the graduate to travel extensively and understand the various cultures. This means that you must be flexible in a variety of ways because life in other countries is different from where you come from. Having an understanding of different cultures and how to work in them is an essential prerequisite for a job in international business.
Employment prospects for graduates of international business
International business jobs are on the increase as global business increases. Employment in the field depends on each individual’s accomplishments but the career can be rewarding in terms of challenge and salary. Depending on your grades and your degree, you can earn a considerable amount as an executive. Of course, with a bachelors degree, the salary will be considerably lower.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Management / International Management
- B.S. in Marketing / International Marketing
- B.S. in Business Administration / International Business
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Business Administration: General (36-hour)
- BS in Business Administration - International Management
- MBA - International Business
- And more...
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- International Business - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- International Business - MBA
- And more...
- With ECPI, you can obtain the education needed to enter today’s global marketplace
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Separate yourself from the pack by completing one of Saint Leo’s highly-rated Business degree programs. Associates, Bachelors, and Graduate degrees in highly sought-after concentrations available!
- Learn the necessary skills and build the foundation to propel your business career by receiving an education from our faculty members with true real-world experience.
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Saint Leo offers a 14:1 Student-Teacher Ratio to ensure you get the personal attention you deserve.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Business degree today!
- MBA: Cybersecurity Management
- AA: Business Administration
- DBA: Business Administration
- And more...
Learning at Salem University Online is a community effort. You will have a student success advisor dedicated to your success, and our faculty is committed to your unique learning path as you pursue your college degree.
- International Business (MS)
- International Business (BS)
- Management (BS)
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
- Associate of Science - Business Administration
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Master of Business Administration - Global Management
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
With a mission of helping students graduate, launch better careers, and gain greater independence to live the life they want as soon as possible, Independence University® offers flexible fully online degree programs. Program options are available in healthcare, business, information technology, and graphic arts. The programs are career-focused to help ensure the knowledge and skills you learn match what today's employers are looking for.
- Business Administration (BS)
- Business Adminstration - Marketing Emphasis (BS)