International business programs can lead to exciting and well paid careers. There are a variety of fields that may interest you in this field, including: advertising, tourism, banking, product management and many more. There is clearly a need for qualified individuals in international companies in all of these areas due to the huge competition and challenges companies face in the global markets.
This page provides more details of the programs, where you can study them, and what the prospects are after completing a degree in one of the fields of international business. You may also like to check out the MBA in international business page.
Before applying for study, find out more about the entrance requirements of the schools (colleges or universities). Request information from several of them and consider the admission requirements list to make sure you have the information and the qualifications they require. You should apply for several schools and make sure they have a range of entry requirements, i.e., higher to lower levels of school grades. In this way you will maximize your admission chances.
What is studied in international business programs
Your international business courses may include: business operations, global value-chain management, imports and exports, international law, global human resource management, international marketing, international trade and investment, international finance, tax, foreign exchange.
While a bachelor degree is required as an entry-level qualification for this field, you must keep in mind the extensive competition for employment that should encourage you to aim for a masters degree to better your chances. Normally, it will take another one to three years to complete after the four-year bachelors degree is earned. International business programs require a high GPA and are extremely competitive.
As a student in a masters in international business you would take courses to prepare you for the challenges of global business in a competitive environment, including looking at the regulatory, political, and social factors involved. You would also take courses in financial and operational management.
One of the things that earning a degree in international business often requires is fluency in a second language. It will also require the graduate to travel extensively and understand the various cultures. This means that you must be flexible in a variety of ways because life in other countries is different from where you come from. Having an understanding of different cultures and how to work in them is an essential prerequisite for a job in international business.
Employment prospects for graduates of international business
International business jobs are on the increase as global business increases. Employment in the field depends on each individual’s accomplishments but the career can be rewarding in terms of challenge and salary. Depending on your grades and your degree, you can earn a considerable amount as an executive. Of course, with a bachelors degree, the salary will be considerably lower.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Management / International Management
- B.S. in Business Administration / International Business
- B.S. in Marketing / International Marketing
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Business Administration: General (36-hour)
- BS in Business Administration - International Management
- MBA - International Business
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- International Business - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- International Business - MBA
- And more...
- Top-ranked online MBA
- As few as 24 months to complete
- GMAT waivers for experienced professionals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Six concentrations available
- AACSB accredited
- Master of Business Adminitration (MBA)
The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver has offered a top-quality business education since 1908. Through [email protected], students can earn a Daniels degree while continuing to pursue their personal and professional passions.
- Master of Business Administration
- Join UC Berkeley Executive Education’s Blockchain online program to explore the possibilities.
- Blockchain is the underlying technology that makes crypto currencies like Bitcoin and Ripple possible
- Learn block chain with UC Berkeley Executive Education online.
- Master Design Thinking
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!