International business programs can lead to exciting and well paid careers. There are a variety of fields that may interest you in this field, including: advertising, tourism, banking, product management and many more. There is clearly a need for qualified individuals in international companies in all of these areas due to the huge competition and challenges companies face in the global markets.
This page provides more details of the programs, where you can study them, and what the prospects are after completing a degree in one of the fields of international business. You may also like to check out the MBA in international business page.
Before applying for study, find out more about the entrance requirements of the schools (colleges or universities). Request information from several of them and consider the admission requirements list to make sure you have the information and the qualifications they require. You should apply for several schools and make sure they have a range of entry requirements, i.e., higher to lower levels of school grades. In this way you will maximize your admission chances.
What is studied in international business programs
Your international business courses may include: business operations, global value-chain management, imports and exports, international law, global human resource management, international marketing, international trade and investment, international finance, tax, foreign exchange.
While a bachelor degree is required as an entry-level qualification for this field, you must keep in mind the extensive competition for employment that should encourage you to aim for a masters degree to better your chances. Normally, it will take another one to three years to complete after the four-year bachelors degree is earned. International business programs require a high GPA and are extremely competitive.
As a student in a masters in international business you would take courses to prepare you for the challenges of global business in a competitive environment, including looking at the regulatory, political, and social factors involved. You would also take courses in financial and operational management.
One of the things that earning a degree in international business often requires is fluency in a second language. It will also require the graduate to travel extensively and understand the various cultures. This means that you must be flexible in a variety of ways because life in other countries is different from where you come from. Having an understanding of different cultures and how to work in them is an essential prerequisite for a job in international business.
Employment prospects for graduates of international business
International business jobs are on the increase as global business increases. Employment in the field depends on each individual’s accomplishments but the career can be rewarding in terms of challenge and salary. Depending on your grades and your degree, you can earn a considerable amount as an executive. Of course, with a bachelors degree, the salary will be considerably lower.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Management / International Management
- B.S. in Marketing / International Marketing
- B.S. in Business Administration / International Business
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - International Business
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - General
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - International Business
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- Doctorate of Business Administration in Global Business and Leadership (DBAGBL)
- Master of Business Administration in International Management and Marketing (MBAIMM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Business
- BS in Business Administration
- BS in Business Administration - Investment
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
You can receive a top-notch education in a flexible environment. Learn more about the Villanova online learning experience and the difference that sets us apart by further exploring our online programs.
Rankings- Villanova University is consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- The Villanova School of Business (VSB) was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online Graduate Business Programs ranking, earning the #1 rank.
- Villanova University was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online MBA Programs.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738. 21 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738.
- Online Master of Business Administration
The Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland is recognized by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s Best Business Schools. Students who complete their master’s degree online become part of a network of over 60,000 Smith School alumni, including more than 8,500 MBA graduates, making them part of a powerful network of business connections.
- MBA - General
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!