Technologists are needed in all branches of the health sector as it expands and incorporates recent technological advances. It can be particularly rewarding to work in the specialist areas such as biomedical technology, pharmacy technology, surgical technology, histologic technology, medical laboratory technology and phlebotomy.
Laboratory science degree programs provide the knowledge and skills required for these various areas. This page contains more details, lists schools where you can take relevant programs, and provides information on career prospects.
What are the career prospects for graduates of laboratory science degree programs?
Due to the increased need for healthcare services as a result of government policy and also an aging population, employment prospects in the sector are very good in the US. This is particularly true for technology related positions since much of the change, innovation and growth will center on the use of technology in healthcare.
List of schools and programs
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician)