Leadership psychologists seek to understand and change the interactions between people, and between individuals and the larger social environment. Leadership psychology degrees develop the knowledge and skills required. They focus on the study of group dynamics from a leadership perspective, looking in particular at leadership behavior and leadership attitudes. You can study leadership psychology online and on campus at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
If you are thinking of studying leadership psychology, this page will help you to find out more about it and where you can study it, as well as giving an indication of the future career prospects in this field. Request information from several schools and consider the admission requirements list of each to make sure you have the information and the qualifications they require. Consider applying for several universities and make sure your list has a range of entry requirements, i.e., higher to lower levels of school grades. In this way you will maximize your chances of being accepted by one of them.
What do you study in one of these programs?
Careers in leadership psychology require you to deal with people in a number of business settings. These skills are generic and so are easily transferred from one job to another should you decide to change in the future. They include: Business skills, Communication skills, Team building skills, Management skills, Leadership skills, Analytical skills, Motivational skills, Consulting skills, Evaluation of programs skills, Critical thinking skills, and Market Research skills.
In a leadership psychology masters degree you learn about how to examine the culture of a given organization and evaluate the effect it has on the business so as to create work environments conducive to better performance. So you would also need to cover the following knowledge and skills in greater depth: Communication, management, team building, motivational psychology, analysis and evaluation, decision making psychology, leadership influences, leadership attitudes, and critical thinking.
What are the career prospects for graduates of leadership psychology degrees?
Accredited online degrees in leadership psychology provide many career opportunities in the private and public sectors. And prospects are good. Many leadership psychologists work in Human Resource (HR) departments. With a bachelor’s degree in leadership psychology, you could work as a human resources generalist but in order to advance in your career, a master’s degree in leadership psychology is often required.
With a masters degree in leadership psychology, you can pursue a career in human resources as a facilitator in corporate communications, team building, or coordinating professional development and leadership training programs. With an online masters in leadership psychology degree you could also apply for positions in executive search firms. Some leadership psychologists find work as a research consultant, or in universities researching and teaching leadership and decision making psychology. However, a PhD is usually required for such positions.
Salaries are high among some of the jobs that leadership psychologists take, but vary widely depending on the job type, geographical location, company size, education level and experience. For example, as an HR Manager with 5-9 years experience, you would earn over US57,000 per annum (PayScale.com). With over 20 years experience you could expect to earn over US70,000 per annum. Some other job titles to look for are: Senior Research Consultant, Human Resources Consulting Assistant and Employee Relations Manager.
List of schools and programs
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Forensic Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Geropsychology
- And more...
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.A. in Psychology / Organizational Psychology
- B.S. in Human Services / Psychology
- B.A. in Psychology
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Applied Psychology: Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology: Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- AA in Psychology
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Science in General Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- And more...
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - General
- BA: Psychology - Developmental
- MS: Psychology
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology: ARP Track
- M.A. Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- M.A. Organizational Leadership
- And more...
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology - Integrative Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology - Counseling and Clinical
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology - Biological Psychology
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Master of Science in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology - D.B.A.
- And more...
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!