Great advances have been made in the field of anatomy and physiology of the human body. ALISON’s free online “Diploma in Human Anatomy and Physiology” introduces you to the basic anatomy and physiology of important systems in the body such as the cardiovascular system, respiratory system, reproductive system, skeletal system, nervous system and others. For each system covered in the course, the anatomical features are outlined and the physiological functions are explained.
This course will be of great interest to students of anatomy, physiology, biomedical science and medicine, as well as any learner wanting to expand their knowledge and understanding of the human body.
Diploma in Human Anatomy and Physiology Course Content
- The structure and functions of the blood and blood vessels;
- The structure and functions of the heart;
- The structure and function of the human digestive system;
- The structure and functions of the muscular system;
- How the nervous system controls the muscles;
- Key roles of the muscles;
- The structure and function of the human nervous system;
- The role of the central, peripheral, and autonomic nervous system;
- The transmission of neural impulses;
- The structure and functions of the male and female reproductive systems;
- Development of an offspring during the intrauterine process;
- The structure and functions of the respiration system;
- The exchange and transportation of gasses, and what the difference between respiration and breathing;
- The structure and functions of the sensory organs;
- The structure and functions of the human axial and appendicular skeleton.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 15-20 Hours
- Publisher: AMEDD Center and School
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes