With the increase of industrial activity, more and more employees are becoming exposed to hazards in the workplace. It is important to know how to monitor and assess different hazards to ensure their health and safety. Learn about the theory and practices of occupational hygiene to ensure health and safety in the workplace with the Alison free online course “Diploma in Occupational Hygiene“. The course introduces you to the basic principles associated with occupational hygiene such as the fundamentals of toxicology, human physiology and industrial diseases, and hygiene standards.
This free Diploma course will be of great interest to professionals working in occupational hygiene, health and safety, and workplace safety. It will also be of interest to all learners who are interested in a career in occupational hygiene or related areas.
Diploma in Occupational Hygiene Course Content
The course introduces you to human physiology and industrial diseases. You will learn about measuring airborne contamination and the main sampling techniques and equipment that are used to obtain a quantitative estimate of the exposure to hazardous substances. You will be introduced to physical hazards in the workplace such as noise, vibration, heat/cold and lighting, learn about the effects of excessive exposure to these and how to evaluate and control excessive exposure to them in the workplace.
- The functions of occupational hygiene;
- The three main routes of entry of toxins into the body;
- Examples of hazardous substances;
- The process of assessing health risks;
- General features of a Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) system;
- The types of air cleaning devices;
- The three physical states of matter;
- Sampling airborne particulates, gases, and vapours;
- The purpose of health surveillance;
- Three main categories of biological agents and the differences between them;
- Psychological responses to the thermal environment;
- The various types of non-ionising and ionising radiation.
- How occupational hygiene affects your personal development.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 6-10 Hours
- Publisher: Advance Learning Academy
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level