Workplace safety and health policies are key elements of any modern business or organization. They can help ensure employee well-being as well as foster a productive work environment.
The ALISON free online course “Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health” guides you through the key aspects of workplace safety and health. Topics covered include behavior-based safety for supervisors and managers, workstation ergonomics, back safety, and the keys to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health Course Content
In this course, you will gain a thorough understanding of key aspects such as risk analysis, hazard identification and control, safety education and training, and best practice policies for the implementation of effective safety programs. Also included is a case study that focuses on the management of safety and health in schools. Topics covered include:
- The purpose of a behavior-based safety program;
- The roles and responsibilities of a supervisor and an employee;
- Factors that can cause incidents;
- Workstation ergonomics concerning people and their work;
- How to prevent back injury problems in the workplace;
- The signs of drug use and how to deal with someone you suspect is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs;
- Health and safety legislation in schools, as well as your specific duties and responsibilities;
- How to prepare for an emergency;
- How to report accidents and create a safety statement;
- The roles of safety representatives and a safety committee within the school system.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to purchase your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 6-10 Hours
- Publisher: Advance Learning
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.