With an increasing aging baby-boomer population in our society, there is a growing need for aging services and for administrators of those services. Long term care administration programs provide the knowledge and skills required to work in, manage and administrate in this field.
Long term care administrators manage staff, schedules and finances, keep up to date on laws and regulations relating to the facility, as well as ensuring quality in the delivery of healthcare services, so they require a broad education in both healthcare and management. All states require them to be licensed, but requirements vary by state. This page has details of relevant programs to study, where they can be taken, and more …
What do you study in the programs
Programs can be taken at certificate and degree level. In addition to programs devoted specifically to long term care, it is possible to study this area as a specialization in a bachelor of healthcare administration. Typically, programs include courses on management, finance and accounting, law, health and disease, healthcare, aging, and information management.
Career prospects in this area are good due to the increase in the aging population. The US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics, predicts that employment of medical and health services managers will grow 22 percent from 2010 to 2020 (click here for more details).
List of long term care administration schools and programs
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A.S. - Healthcare Management
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition and Wellness
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!