With an increasing aging baby-boomer population in our society, there is a growing need for aging services and for administrators of those services. Long term care administration programs provide the knowledge and skills required to work in, manage and administrate in this field.
Long term care administrators manage staff, schedules and finances, keep up to date on laws and regulations relating to the facility, as well as ensuring quality in the delivery of healthcare services, so they require a broad education in both healthcare and management. All states require them to be licensed, but requirements vary by state. This page has details of relevant programs to study, where they can be taken, and more …
What do you study in the programs
Programs can be taken at certificate and degree level. In addition to programs devoted specifically to long term care, it is possible to study this area as a specialization in a bachelor of healthcare administration. Typically, programs include courses on management, finance and accounting, law, health and disease, healthcare, aging, and information management.
Career prospects in this area are good due to the increase in the aging population. The US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics, predicts that employment of medical and health services managers will grow 22 percent from 2010 to 2020 (click here for more details).
List of long term care administration schools and programs
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A criminal background check is an enrollment requirement at Ultimate Medical Academy.
- A.S. - Healthcare Management
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- MS: Human Performance: Clinical
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition and Wellness
- And more...
- Our top-ranking program blends modern business theory with real-world experience
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with ACBSP graduate business program accreditation
- High-quality, Christ-centered education with online and select on-campus & evening courses
- Qualifying bachelor's students can transfer up to 90 credit hours into their degree program
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- MBA with concentration in Healthcare Management
- BS Healthcare Administration with concentration in Healthcare Information Management
- BS Healthcare Administration with concentration in Patient Safety and Quality
- And more...
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- MBA in Healthcare
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!