With an increasing aging baby-boomer population in our society, there is a growing need for aging services and for administrators of those services. Long term care administration programs provide the knowledge and skills required to work in, manage and administrate in this field.
Long term care administrators manage staff, schedules and finances, keep up to date on laws and regulations relating to the facility, as well as ensuring quality in the delivery of healthcare services, so they require a broad education in both healthcare and management. All states require them to be licensed, but requirements vary by state. This page has details of relevant programs to study, where they can be taken, and more …
What do you study in the programs
Programs can be taken at certificate and degree level. In addition to programs devoted specifically to long term care, it is possible to study this area as a specialization in a bachelor of healthcare administration. Typically, programs include courses on management, finance and accounting, law, health and disease, healthcare, aging, and information management.
Career prospects in this area are good due to the increase in the aging population. The US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics, predicts that employment of medical and health services managers will grow 22 percent from 2010 to 2020 (click here for more details).
List of long term care administration schools and programs
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
The Berkeley Advantage®
Preparing students for professional and personal success is what Berkeley College is all about. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- BBA in Health Services Management
- AAS in Health Services Administration
- AAS in Health Services Administration - Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Health Care Management Concentration, MBA
- Medical Case Management Certificate, PB
- Medical Case Management, BS
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Healthcare Management
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Health Care Administration