With an increasing aging baby-boomer population in our society, there is a growing need for aging services and for administrators of those services. Long term care administration programs provide the knowledge and skills required to work in, manage and administrate in this field.
Long term care administrators manage staff, schedules and finances, keep up to date on laws and regulations relating to the facility, as well as ensuring quality in the delivery of healthcare services, so they require a broad education in both healthcare and management. All states require them to be licensed, but requirements vary by state. This page has details of relevant programs to study, where they can be taken, and more …
What do you study in the programs
Programs can be taken at certificate and degree level. In addition to programs devoted specifically to long term care, it is possible to study this area as a specialization in a bachelor of healthcare administration. Typically, programs include courses on management, finance and accounting, law, health and disease, healthcare, aging, and information management.
If you are interested in this area, you might also like to check the healthcare administration and management programs.
Career prospects in this area are good due to the increase in the aging population. The US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics, predicts that the employment of medical and health services managers will continue to grow beyond 2020.
List of long term care administration schools and programs
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Health Care Administration
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
As the world is adjusting to new realities, we are prepared to help you work towards a successful future in a manner that is safer for you and the community at large. Here's how:
- We offer in-demand, career-focused education delivered through your local campus using live, interactive synchronous online delivery. There's also the flexibility to transition to an in-seat class environment once the current situation is resolved.
- Healthcare Administration - Bachelor
Sullivan University is Kentucky's largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you're a high school student considering college for the first time, an adult returning to school or someone seeking professional development, you'll be surprised at the variety and range of alternatives Sullivan University offers.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Concentration in Health Care Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Health Administration
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...
- Medical Healthcare Administration Program
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. Today we continue that effort, offering 21 degree programs for residential undergraduate students, as well as graduate and seminary programs, professional certificates, and convenient online programs for working adults.
- BS/BA in Health Care Administration (online)
- Associate of Arts (Health Care Administration)
- Master of Business Administration in Health Care Administration
The Berkeley Advantage®
Preparing students for professional and personal success is what Berkeley College is all about. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- AAS in Health Services Administration
- AAS in Health Services Administration - Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding
- BBA in Health Services Management
Choose from dozens of in-demand degrees. With more than 40 online bachelor, master and doctorate degree programs to choose from, CBU Online gives you plenty of options to consider.
CBU Online was designed for the working professional. Whether you are looking to advance your current career or start the new career path of your dreams. Flexibility means you can earn your degree while working full or part-time. CBU Online is transfer friendly. CBU Online is perfect for those who have families as well.
California Baptist University (CBU), which includes all programs offered by the Division of Online and Professional Studies, is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Many prospective students are uncertain about which college degrees employers or universities will accept. This regional accreditation by WSCUC means you can be confident that your CBU degree is recognized and respected by schools and companies across the country.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration and Management