A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) qualification is an excellent starting point for a career in nursing. But there will come a point at which you may wish to take on more responsibility. An LVN to RN program is one designed to enable you to become a Registered Nurse (RN), and so provide progression in your career in nursing. It provides a pathway for you to advance your nursing career in order to be able to handle more complex responsibilities in the medical field. For example, as an RN, you would be expected to help with the preparation of care plans for patients and also to treat patients.
This page has details of the programs, where they can be taken, what the career prospects are, and more …
Career overview for someone taking this program
The dynamics of the registered nurses responsibilities keep changing everyday. There are constant changes in the patient care and medicine administration with lots of improvements being seen in the field. Obtaining registration in nursing can lead to you getting a job in emergency medical facilities, surgical centers, health maintenance organizations, nursing homes, private medical facilities etc.
This is an industry that needs very compassionate people who can help to offer heath care services in a more professional manner. Knowing some communication skills in your nursing degree is vital to keep your bridging gap between the patient and his family a success.
As a registered practitioner you will be in charge of supervising nursing aides, LPNs, nursing assistants, orderlies, nursing care technicians as well as many more junior health care personnel. In many cases, you will be working under the close assistance of a physician but can be in control of provision of initial medication and assessment of patients.
LVN to RN training and programs
If you already are a Licensed Vocational Nurse and you wish to become a Registered Nurse, you will need to take a qualifying program that prepares you for the registration. This can either be an associate degree in nursing (ADN) or a bachelors degree in nursing (BSN). Some colleges provide special RN transition or RN bridge programs that credit the work already covered in the LVN program.
Both the LVN to ADN and the LVN to BSN programs will typically comprise general education, science, nursing theory and clinical nursing. They will most likely include: anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, sociology, psychology, human development, gerontology, nursing science, pharmacology, and communication skills. The LVN to BSN degree will extend the content and depth further. A BSN will typically take two years to complete for a nurse with an LVN or an LPN license.
What are the career prospects after registration?
Just like many other businesses, there is so much change that keeps occurring in the health care sector every passing day. There is so much financial, federal practice and state guidelines, and budgetary constraints. With the degree you will be able to face the state licensing restrictions, health care changes, specialties, registered nurses work settings, and emergency handling changes in a more professional manner. This will no doubt make you a well sought after professional in the health sector.
There is so much growth in the medical industry to give opportunities to those pursuing this program. The U.S. Department of Labor projects a continued rise in the employment opportunities of registered nurses till 2016 and even beyond. Job openings are bound to be available in multiple percentages in physician offices, hospitals, nursing care facilities, residential care facilities, outpatient care centers, local, state and federal government agencies among others. It is therefore a positive thing to take up an elevating course in the medical/nursing field and open opportunities for your future.
As you look into the income rankings which you can expect once in employment, you need to realize that the number of years you have worked, your area of operation in the country and some other minimal factors like the industry of work may influence your remuneration. The U.S. Department of Labor shows that you can get from slightly below $40,250 to above $83,440.
Earnings by industry also vary with specifications given for registered nurses working in general medical and surgical hospitals, nursing care facilities, employment services, offices of physicians and home health care services.
List of schools and programs
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Prepare for a Health Care Career with an Online Degree from Keiser University. Get Started Today!
- Keiser University has a variety of degree programs in the health care field including Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Health Science and more!
- From Medical Assisting to Health Science to Health Services Administration, Keiser can help you get started in the health care industry.
- Keiser University has 40 years of experience in helping students reach their personal and professional goals.
- We offer you the support and flexibility you need to fit education into your busy life with our one class at a time schedule
- Healthcare - Online - Associate Degree
- Healthcare - Online - Bachelor Degree
- Healthcare - Online - Master Degree
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- Patient Care Technician
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!