Marketing degree programs are extremely popular among students. This is probably partly because of the very high salaries one can earn and also by the increasing number of positions in this industry. A degree in marketing would prepare graduates for a range of careers in sectors such as service industries, non-profit organizations, retail, product development, financial institutions, and more. An advanced degree in this subject is often specialized, which can lead to a greater financial reward when starting a career.
This page gives more details of the degree programs, provides links to suitable schools where they can be taken, and outlines the prospects for the future.
What do the degrees cover?
A typical marketing program would provide information and knowledge relating to various business and marketing concepts. This may include modules on pricing theories, market segments, advertising techniques, retailing, strategic and campaign planning, the principles behind market research, international marketing, and more.
There may also be the opportunity to become familiar with the dynamics that lie behind internet promotions and e-commerce. This is an area that is extremely important in today’s corporate world, as most consumers now go online in search of products and services.
What are the career prospects with a marketing degree?
With a marketing degree under your belt, there are a range of stimulating careers you could take up. Traditional profiles relate to advertising, market research, brand management, public relations and so on.
The career outlook for individuals in this sector is positive. The number of marketing degree jobs (i.e., in advertising, marketing, public relations, and promotions) is expected to rise by around thirteen percent, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. This trend will be in part due to the increase in the number of goods and services available to consumers, especially in the online world.
The salary on offer to graduates in this sector is extremely rewarding. The best packages were available to those individuals working in IT companies.
List of schools and programs
- Discover 31 bachelor’s and master’s degrees in all areas of business, including business administration, finance, Marketing, and more.
- 24 business degree programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- Ashford University is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001
- BA/Sports and Recreation Management
- BA Marketing
- BA/Business Administration - No Concentration
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Marketing
- B.S. in Business Administration
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
- Associate of Science - Business Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Marketing - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Marketing - MBA
- Marketing - D.B.A.
- And more...