Marketing degree programs are extremely popular among students. This is probably partly because of the very high salaries one can earn and also by the increasing number of positions in this industry. A degree in marketing would prepare graduates for a range of careers in sectors such as service industries, non-profit organizations, retail, product development, financial institutions, and more. An advanced degree in this subject is often specialized, which can lead to a greater financial reward when starting a career.
This page gives more details of the degree programs, provides links to suitable schools where they can be taken, and outlines the prospects for the future.
What do the degrees cover?
A typical marketing program would provide information and knowledge relating to various business and marketing concepts. This may include modules on pricing theories, market segments, advertising techniques, retailing, strategic and campaign planning, the principles behind market research, international marketing, and more.
There may also be the opportunity to become familiar with the dynamics that lie behind internet promotions and e-commerce. This is an area that is extremely important in today’s corporate world, as most consumers now go online in search of products and services.
What are the career prospects with a marketing degree?
With a marketing degree under your belt, there are a range of stimulating careers you could take up. Traditional profiles relate to advertising, market research, brand management, public relations and so on.
The career outlook for individuals in this sector is positive. The number of marketing degree jobs (i.e., in advertising, marketing, public relations, and promotions) is expected to rise by around thirteen percent, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. This trend will be in part due to the increase in the number of goods and services available to consumers, especially in the online world.
The salary on offer to graduates in this sector is extremely rewarding. The best packages were available to those individuals working in IT companies.
List of schools and programs
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Marketing - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Marketing - MBA
- Marketing - D.B.A.
- And more...
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Business Administration (Ph.D.)
With more than 40 years of history as an accredited, not-for-profit institution, Saybrook University offers you a rich educational tradition with high quality faculty. If you want to make a difference and revitalize our world in a professional capacity, earning a master's or doctoral graduate degree from Saybrook University is a great way to start.
- Doctor of Business Administration: Sustainable Social Impact (DBA)
- Master of Business Administration: Sustainable Social Impact (MBA)
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!