Marketing is an essential tool for any business – regardless of how good the product or service is, it needs marketing in order to build a clent base. The media, technology and platform environment for marketing is becoming more diverse, and more complex, with integrated channels, and so more education and training is required to understand the field. So a marketing degree has become a high demand, profitable qualification.
But what is studied in marketing online programs, what do employers expect and what jobs can you expect to get? This page provides information on these questions and also provides links to other resources and schools where you can find out more.
Since a masters degree is really needed in order to progress in this field, you should also check out a masters in marketing.
What is studied in marketing degrees?
Marketers need to start with research. So students in marketing programs online learn how to collect accurate information and analyze market potential. You also learn how to identify customer needs in different countries and cultures, and to design, develop, implement and manage effective marketing strategies to meet those needs.
Courses include: communications, mass communications, product pricing, e-commerce, advertising, public relations, telemarketing, international marketing, brand management, consumer behavior, consumer research, publishing, and interactive marketing.
Marketing is often studied as part of a business administration program, and so you would acquire knowledge, practical and professional skills in other aspects of business, in addition to marketing.
It is also often studied as a specialization in a Bachelor of Science in Communication degree – as is the case for the Marketing Communications program at Walden University. In this program you are provided with the knowledge and skills required to support the marketing initiatives of any organization through integrated communications. You also learn how to tackle the challenges of communicating in a globally diverse market with different regulations and media requirements and learn how to use media planning and modeling tools to develop a media strategy and plan with the widest reach and impact.
There is sometimes a requirement to do an internship in a masters or bachelor’s degree marketing.
What jobs are there for graduates?
Marketing is an essential tool for any business, so a marketing degree is a high demand, profitable qualification. Marketing is often taken as a major, specialization or concentration in a bachelor of business administration or other business degree, so graduates are prepared for marketing and a wide range of other positions in business.
Because marketing science is applicable to the problems of the public sector as well as the private sector, graduates are also prepared for positions in government, military and non-profit organizations.
Graduates can start a marketing career in advertising, product/sales, management, marketing research/teaching, business management, consultancy.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- A.S. in Marketing
- B.S. in Marketing / Sales Management
- B.S. in Marketing
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- MS in Marketing: Sports Marketing and Media
- MHA: Marketing
- Master of Business Administration: Marketing
- And more...
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Marketing - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Marketing - MBA
- Marketing - D.B.A.
- And more...
- Online program in HR Management and Analytics from Wharton
- Two-month online program by Wharton: Learn the latest HR Management and Analytics techniques to improve performance. Live faculty sessions.
- Learn through case studies and examples from automotive to banking.
- Custom exercises and moderated discussion make for interactive learning.
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Digital Transformation
- Master Design Thinking
- Top-ranked online MBA
- As few as 24 months to complete
- GMAT waivers for experienced professionals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Six concentrations available
- AACSB accredited
- Master of Business Adminitration (MBA)
The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver has offered a top-quality business education since 1908. Through [email protected], students can earn a Daniels degree while continuing to pursue their personal and professional passions.
- Master of Business Administration
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!