Marketing is an essential tool for any business – regardless of how good the product or service is, it needs marketing in order to build a clent base. The media, technology and platform environment for marketing is becoming more diverse, and more complex, with integrated channels, and so more education and training is required to understand the field. So a marketing degree has become a high demand, profitable qualification.
But what is studied in marketing online programs, what do employers expect and what jobs can you expect to get? This page provides information on these questions and also provides links to other resources and schools where you can find out more.
Since a masters degree is really needed in order to progress in this field, you should also check out a masters in marketing.
What is studied in marketing degrees?
Marketers need to start with research. So students in marketing programs online learn how to collect accurate information and analyze market potential. You also learn how to identify customer needs in different countries and cultures, and to design, develop, implement and manage effective marketing strategies to meet those needs.
Courses include: communications, mass communications, product pricing, e-commerce, advertising, public relations, telemarketing, international marketing, brand management, consumer behavior, consumer research, publishing, and interactive marketing.
Marketing is often studied as part of a business administration program, and so you would acquire knowledge, practical and professional skills in other aspects of business, in addition to marketing.
It is also often studied as a specialization in a Bachelor of Science in Communication degree – as is the case for the Marketing Communications program at Walden University. In this program you are provided with the knowledge and skills required to support the marketing initiatives of any organization through integrated communications. You also learn how to tackle the challenges of communicating in a globally diverse market with different regulations and media requirements and learn how to use media planning and modeling tools to develop a media strategy and plan with the widest reach and impact.
There is sometimes a requirement to do an internship in a masters or bachelor’s degree marketing.
What jobs are there for graduates?
Marketing is an essential tool for any business, so a marketing degree is a high demand, profitable qualification. Marketing is often taken as a major, specialization or concentration in a bachelor of business administration or other business degree, so graduates are prepared for marketing and a wide range of other positions in business.
Because marketing science is applicable to the problems of the public sector as well as the private sector, graduates are also prepared for positions in government, military and non-profit organizations.
Graduates can start a marketing career in advertising, product/sales, management, marketing research/teaching, business management, consultancy.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- A.S. in Marketing
- B.S. in Marketing / Sales Management
- B.S. in Marketing
- And more...
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- MBA - Marketing
- BA eMarketing
- MBA - Business Economics
- And more...
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Marketing
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Development
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- And more...
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Marketing
- B.S. in Marketing and Advertising
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Marketing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Marketing - BBA
- Marketing - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Marketing - MBA
- And more...
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Digital Marketing - Certificate - Online
- Digital Marketing Associates - Online
- Launch your career in Business at Keiser University. Select from Associate, Bachelor's and Graduate Degree Options, On Campus or Online.
- Keiser University has a wide variety of Business programs including Business Administration, MBA, Accounting, Health Services Administration, and more!
- We offer you the support and flexibility you need to fit education into your busy life with our one class at a time schedule
- Keiser University has 40 years of experience in helping students reach their personal and professional goals.
- Keiser University offers practical learning experiences to prepare you for the modern workplace in a supportive, student-centered environment
- Business - Associate Degree
- Business - Bachelor Degree
- Business - Master Degree
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's