Marketing is an essential tool for any business – regardless of how good the product or service is, it needs marketing in order to build a clent base. The media, technology and platform environment for marketing is becoming more diverse, and more complex, with integrated channels, and so more education and training is required to understand the field. So a marketing degree has become a high demand, profitable qualification.
But what is studied in marketing online programs, what do employers expect and what jobs can you expect to get? This page provides information on these questions and also provides links to other resources and schools where you can find out more.
Since a masters degree is really needed in order to progress in this field, you should also check out a masters in marketing.
What is studied in marketing degrees?
Marketers need to start with research. So students in marketing programs online learn how to collect accurate information and analyze market potential. You also learn how to identify customer needs in different countries and cultures, and to design, develop, implement and manage effective marketing strategies to meet those needs.
Courses include: communications, mass communications, product pricing, e-commerce, advertising, public relations, telemarketing, international marketing, brand management, consumer behavior, consumer research, publishing, and interactive marketing.
Marketing is often studied as part of a business administration program, and so you would acquire knowledge, practical and professional skills in other aspects of business, in addition to marketing.
It is also often studied as a specialization in a Bachelor of Science in Communication degree – as is the case for the Marketing Communications program at Walden University. In this program you are provided with the knowledge and skills required to support the marketing initiatives of any organization through integrated communications. You also learn how to tackle the challenges of communicating in a globally diverse market with different regulations and media requirements and learn how to use media planning and modeling tools to develop a media strategy and plan with the widest reach and impact.
There is sometimes a requirement to do an internship in a masters or bachelor’s degree marketing.
What jobs are there for graduates?
Marketing is an essential tool for any business, so a marketing degree is a high demand, profitable qualification. Marketing is often taken as a major, specialization or concentration in a bachelor of business administration or other business degree, so graduates are prepared for marketing and a wide range of other positions in business.
Because marketing science is applicable to the problems of the public sector as well as the private sector, graduates are also prepared for positions in government, military and non-profit organizations.
Graduates can start a marketing career in advertising, product/sales, management, marketing research/teaching, business management, consultancy.
List of schools and programs
- Discover 31 bachelor’s and master’s degrees in all areas of business, including business administration, finance, Marketing, and more.
- 24 business degree programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- BA/Sports and Recreation Management
- BA Marketing
- BA/Business Administration - No Concentration
- And more...
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Marketing
- B.S. in Business Administration
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Marketing: Sports Marketing and Media
- MHA: Marketing
- DBA: Marketing - Project
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Marketing - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Marketing - MBA
- Marketing - D.B.A.
- And more...
- With ECPI, you can obtain the education needed to enter today’s global marketplace
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MBA Marketing
- MBA Data Analytics
- MBA Strategic Management
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Marketing
- Master in Business Administration
- Hallmark University has a modern approach to business education. Our students are "hired" on day one to a mock company and live out their education as if on the job.
- Students also gain valuable work experience having gone through real case studies from Fortune 100 companies.
- By utilizing compressed, objective-driven courses, you can complete your education in nearly half the time of a similar program at a traditional college or university.
- Each of our courses are designed to include scenario-based activities. You get to practice what you learn so you're ready for the challenges you will face when you graduate.
- Our graduates enter the workforce with experience employers desire in addition to a credible degree.
- Don't settle for learning in large lecture halls. Get the attention needed to succeed.
- Master of Business Administration - Global Management
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Admin w/Con Business Analytics
- Bachelor of Business Admin w/Con Social Media Mgt