Whereas a bachelors degree used to be the entry qualification, many jobs now require a masters degree. So increasingly, people are taking these degrees in order to progress their careers, and many do it whilst working. For such people, masters online programs provide the most convenient mode of study.
This page helps students who are looking for information about masters degrees programs. It has details of the programs, what is involved, what the prospects are, where the programs can be found, and more …
Studying a masters degree
The master’s degree is an award that recognizes increased expertise in an academic discipline or professional field of study. It is an award you receive upon successful completion of a one year masters program or a two year program (depending on your masters part time program) of advanced graduate study after your bachelor’s degree. It usually requires the completion of university masters courses, a project, a thesis, or a comprehensive examination. The most commonly awarded types of master’s are the Master of Arts (abbreviated to MA or M.A.) and the Master of Science (often abbreviated to MS or M.S. in the United States and MSc or M.Sc. in Europe and the Commonwealth).
Most of the subject areas covered in this website have masters programs. And most of them are available on campus and online. Online programs are particularly popular amongst those who are working or are returning to study after a long time away from it.
The masters requirements are usually graduation from a bachelors program or equivalent tertiary program. However, there are an increasing number of masters programs that are offering an “executive stream” that take into account prior learning obtained whilst working. The executive MBA is perhaps the most well-known of this type of masters part time program.
What can students with masters degrees programs expect to earn?
Clearly, what you earn will depend on many factors, e.g., experience, job and location. However, according to PayScale.com, the following are the approximate salaries that can be expected in the US:
- Elementary School Teacher: $44,000;
- High School Teacher: $50,000;
- Architect: $60,000;
- Software Engineer: $65,000;
- Executive Director (Non-profit Org): $70.000;
- Physician Assistant: $72,000;
- Senior Software Engineer: $92,000.
List of schools and programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
The Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland is recognized by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s Best Business Schools. Students who complete their master’s degree online become part of a network of over 60,000 Smith School alumni, including more than 8,500 MBA graduates, making them part of a powerful network of business connections.
You can receive a top-notch education in a flexible environment. Learn more about the Villanova online learning experience and the difference that sets us apart by further exploring our online programs.
Rankings- Villanova University is consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- The Villanova School of Business (VSB) was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online Graduate Business Programs ranking, earning the #1 rank.
- Villanova University was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online MBA Programs.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738. 21 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738.
About University of North Dakota:
UND is ranked alongside Stanford, Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) among the Top 25 Most Innovative Schools by US News and World Report. Our groundbreaking discoveries, economic impact and notable alumni are a testament to our belief that results matter. Our online master’s in cyber security program is offered through the UND College of Engineering & Mines (CEM) — one of the most well-respected engineering schools in the upper Midwest. That means when it comes to quality, you can be confident in UND.
Ohio University has offered distance learning educational opportunities for more than 100 years. Our nationally-ranked graduate programs provide flexible opportunities to students around the globe
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
Northeastern University’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business is pleased to offer a 100% online MBA. At Northeastern, you can build on your current career success, expand your managerial skills and knowledge base, and put your new learning to use in your place of work.