Whereas a bachelors degree used to be the entry qualification, many jobs now require a masters degree. So increasingly, people are taking these degrees in order to progress their careers, and many do it whilst working. For such people, masters online programs provide the most convenient mode of study.
This page helps students who are looking for information about masters degrees programs. It has details of the programs, what is involved, what the prospects are, where the programs can be found, and more …
Studying a masters degree
The master’s degree is an award that recognizes increased expertise in an academic discipline or professional field of study. It is an award you receive upon successful completion of a one year masters program or a two year program (depending on your masters part time program) of advanced graduate study after your bachelor’s degree. It usually requires the completion of university masters courses, a project, a thesis, or a comprehensive examination. The most commonly awarded types of master’s are the Master of Arts (abbreviated to MA or M.A.) and the Master of Science (often abbreviated to MS or M.S. in the United States and MSc or M.Sc. in Europe and the Commonwealth).
Most of the subject areas covered in this website have masters programs. And most of them are available on campus and online. Online programs are particularly popular amongst those who are working or are returning to study after a long time away from it.
The masters requirements are usually graduation from a bachelors program or equivalent tertiary program. However, there are an increasing number of masters programs that are offering an “executive stream” that take into account prior learning obtained whilst working. The executive MBA is perhaps the most well-known of this type of masters part time program.
What can students with masters degrees programs expect to earn?
Clearly, what you earn will depend on many factors, e.g., experience, job and location. However, according to PayScale.com, the following are the approximate salaries that can be expected in the US:
- Elementary School Teacher: $44,000;
- High School Teacher: $50,000;
- Architect: $60,000;
- Software Engineer: $65,000;
- Executive Director (Non-profit Org): $70.000;
- Physician Assistant: $72,000;
- Senior Software Engineer: $92,000.
List of schools and programs
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
The new online Master of Science in Data Science (MSDS) from the University of Virginia Data Science Institute (DSI) expands the accessibility of our cutting-edge curriculum beyond Charlottesville. The application of data science across nearly every industry is one of the most important undertakings of the 21st century. We are thrilled to welcome a new group of diverse students from across the region, country, and globe.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies (iSchool)—The Original Information School—is proud of its position as a leader in the field. The iSchool’s community of more than 50 faculty members, more than 1,400 students, and nearly 10,000 alumni are dedicated to driving innovation in information services and leveraging the power of information to build a better world.
You can receive a top-notch education in a flexible environment. Learn more about the Villanova online learning experience and the difference that sets us apart by further exploring our online programs.
Rankings- Villanova University is consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- The Villanova School of Business (VSB) was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online Graduate Business Programs ranking, earning the #1 rank.
- Villanova University was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online MBA Programs.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738. 21 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738.
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online. We offer master's degree programs in management, accounting, and public policy that can be completed 100% online.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.