Whereas a bachelors degree used to be the entry qualification, many jobs now require a masters degree. So increasingly, people are taking these degrees in order to progress their careers, and many do it whilst working. For such people, masters online programs provide the most convenient mode of study.
This page helps students who are looking for information about masters degrees programs. It has details of the programs, what is involved, what the prospects are, where the programs can be found, and more …
Studying a masters degree
The master’s degree is an award that recognizes increased expertise in an academic discipline or professional field of study. It is an award you receive upon successful completion of a one year masters program or a two year program (depending on your masters part time program) of advanced graduate study after your bachelor’s degree. It usually requires the completion of university masters courses, a project, a thesis, or a comprehensive examination. The most commonly awarded types of master’s are the Master of Arts (abbreviated to MA or M.A.) and the Master of Science (often abbreviated to MS or M.S. in the United States and MSc or M.Sc. in Europe and the Commonwealth).
Most of the subject areas covered in this website have masters programs. And most of them are available on campus and online. Online programs are particularly popular amongst those who are working or are returning to study after a long time away from it.
The masters requirements are usually graduation from a bachelors program or equivalent tertiary program. However, there are an increasing number of masters programs that are offering an “executive stream” that take into account prior learning obtained whilst working. The executive MBA is perhaps the most well-known of this type of masters part time program.
What can students with masters degrees programs expect to earn?
Clearly, what you earn will depend on many factors, e.g., experience, job and location. However, according to PayScale.com, the following are the approximate salaries that can be expected in the US:
- Elementary School Teacher: $44,000;
- High School Teacher: $50,000;
- Architect: $60,000;
- Software Engineer: $65,000;
- Executive Director (Non-profit Org): $70.000;
- Physician Assistant: $72,000;
- Senior Software Engineer: $92,000.
List of schools and programs
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Explore bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in social science fields like psychology, applied behavioral science, sociology, cognitive studies, and public sociology.
- Pursue a tech degree in areas like computer software technology, cyber & data security technology, information technology, and more.
- Most degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- Classes last 5 weeks for undergraduate programs and 6 weeks for graduate programs.
- Over 135 areas of study with classes offered online and on campus.
- Top Degree Programs include MBA, M.A. in Counseling, M.A. in Law, Masters of Divinity & more!
- Accredited by SACSCOC, with prestigious program accreditations from ABA, ACBSP, APA, ATS, CACREP, CCNE, and more.
- Ranked among top military-friendly schools. Flexible 8-week and 15-week courses.
- Regent ranked #5 among the Best Online MBA Programs in Virginia and #3 among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs (non-MBA) in the state, according to U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Regent ranked #4 among the Best Online Graduate Education Programs in Virginia, according to U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.