An MBA healthcare management is a good program to study if you are wanting a career in the business side of the health care industry. Your studies are designed to prepare you for a wide range of leadership and management careers in health care management, throughout the sector.
Your degree teaches you the usual knowledge, skills and strategies found in an MBA and applies these to the health care sector. The curriculum typically includes content in finance, policy, research, technology, quality improvement, economics, marketing, and strategic planning. But you also learn to critically examine and evaluate issues, so that you can advocate and influence or create health care policies. This page gives you more information about the program, where you can study it online, careers in health care management, and the job prospects after completion.
You can also study health care as an MBA in a dual degree, e.g., an MBA and MS in Nursing. Click here for masters in health care management programs. Healthcare MBA students should follow industry news to be prepared for entering the healthcare/business world after graduation. Click here to read and obtain a free subscription to Health Study Weekly and Business Professional Daily News.
What jobs are there after graduating with an MBA healthcare management?
An MBA prepares you for leadership in health care management in governmental, nonprofit, and private organizations. Graduates with an MBA degree may enter the industry as an associate administrator or manager/supervisor of a department. With more experience in the industry, the specific positions you might take would include: hospital administrator, health service manager, health care administrator, and other positions of leadership in health care management.
Prospects are good for jobs in health care management. According to the US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics, The median health management salary was $84,980 in May 2007. The Bureau predicts that employment of managers of this sector will grow 16 percent from 2006 to 2016.
List of schools and programs
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- Master's Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Prepare to fill evolving healthcare roles with a graduate degree from GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions.
- Master's degrees in Public Health, Health Care Administration and Health Informatics.
- Programs designed to give you the skills to effectively manage & lead contemporary healthcare systems.
- Discover your many options for becoming a dynamic healthcare leader.
- Convenient online degree options to fit your busy schedule.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- M.S. in Health Care Administration
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- And more...
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- MBA in Healthcare
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Management and Organizational Leadership
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Take your interest in master courses further and make a game changing career move
- GradSchools will help match you to the right program that aligns with your education goals and busy schedule
- Explore Master, Doctoral and PhD Degrees in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing and MORE
- Ready for your next step? Let GradSchools match you with programs for FREE!