Medical assisting is an exciting and high demand career, involving both clinical and administrative tasks in support of a medical team. Some of the clinical task will include taking the vitals signs of patients, drawing blood, and performing other health checks. The administration part involves the preparations of documents, which shall also include insurance and the billing forms for all patients, the use of coding, administration of computer software and organizing the environment of the office.
Medical assistant degrees provide the knowledge and skills required to qualify you to apply for the many job opportunities in this field. This page provides information about the programs, provides links to suitable schools, outlines the career prospects, and more.
What training is involved?
One type of program for this particular field is the associate degree, which aims to help produce a very well rounded assistant who shall be able to provide a supporting role in both the administrative and clinical functions. During most programs you should be able to gain plenty of hands on experience within this particular field and you may also choose to complete an internship as well.
Some classroom courses for this kind of degree program will include topics like the introductions to phlebotomy, medical assisting, terminology, clinical assisting, records processing and other classes as well that will be in regard to this degree program. The skills and knowledge that a student shall learn with this program is performing some important clinical task, like taking vital signs, and administrative task such as preparing the billings along with the insurance documents. If a career in this area sounds like the kind of thing that will interest you, then you may wish to continue studying for a medical assisting bachelors degree.
Salaries and job prospects in medical assisting careers?
What is the average salary for a medical assistant? There are plenty of medical assistant jobs to choose from when entering into this field and salaries vary according to which one you choose. Here are some of the jobs that are available along with their median incomes as it was reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. A records technicians yearly salary is about $35,000 per year. An assistants yearly salary is around $34,000 and lab technicians salary is about $40,000 per year.
In regard to the job outlook for this type of work is just wonderful as the BLS predicted that assistants in this field have one of the greatest job outlooks of any other kinds of professions as it is growing rapidly and will keep very steady due to the high demand for these kinds of professions. It seems very likely that records technicians jobs will grow faster than the average in the near future. Similarly, the high demand for the lab technicians will grow faster than its average during the same time. So obtaining a medical assisting degree or other certification can lead to a wonderful medical assistant career.
List of medical assisting schools and programs
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A criminal background check is an enrollment requirement at Ultimate Medical Academy.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!