Business administration is an administrative or management role concerned with the organization and smooth running of a company. All organizations need people to fill this role, so there are many opportunities for people with qualifications in this field and the salaries are good. Hence, the programs that qualify people in this area are very popular.
Many students take an online MBA (Masters in Business Administration), which they can complete whilst still in employment. Graduates of MBAs do get better jobs and considerably higher salaries. Online doctoral (DBA) programs are also becoming popular now. For students who are entrepreneurial or interested in starting their own business, taking an MBA or other masters program is important for learning the marketing, financial and management skills that are necessary for success. This page is to help you find out more about these programs, where you can take them, what employers expect, certification, and what you can earn after graduation.
What is studied in online business administration programs?
Administrative managers need to be able to analyze situations or problems, determine suitable actions, communicate with and motivate staff to implement the required action. They must also be detail oriented.
Business administration programs are designed to develop students’ analytical, communication and leadership skills. Most programs include: accounting, microeconomics, strategic management, organizational management, corporate finance and business ethics. Some programs allow specialization in various majors, e.g., a bachelors degree in business administration with majors including: Accounting; Business Information Systems; Project Management; and, Technical Communication. Similar specializations can be taken in masters (MBA) and doctoral (DBA) programs.
What are the career prospects after graduation?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Administrative Services Managers with a Bachelor’s degree and less than five years experience had a median salary of $81,000 in 2012. Those who have an MBA can expect to earn more as they advance to higher level positions, such as director of administrative services. Some experienced managers may join or establish a management consulting firm to provide contract administrative management services. The job outlook for 2012-2020 is a growth of 12%.
List of schools and programs
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Master of Business Administration - Multidisciplinary
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- B.S. in Business Administration
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration: Communications
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration: Financial Planning
- And more...
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Business Administration - No Concentration
- MBA - No Specialization
- MBA - Project Management
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Management - D.B.A.
- Management - MBA
- General Business - MBA
- And more...
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- MBA in Healthcare
- Value investing is an investment approach that helps investors identify, research, and buy securities priced well below their true market value. Enroll today.
- The Value Investing (Online) program provides you with an integrated framework that teaches you how to identify opportunities for investment that others may miss. Apply Now.
- The Value Investing (Online) program is designed to give you a strong foundation in one of the most successful investment strategies ever developed.
- Follow in the footsteps of legendary investors like Warren Buffett and Mario Gabelli, who have been guided by these principles during their entire career.
- Master Design Thinking
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!