This page provides help if you are interested in studying education programs, such as: early childhood, adult education, special education, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). These education programs combine content and subject knowledge with teaching knowledge and skills (pedagogy), i.e., they teach you what to teach and how to teach it.
Programs are offered at the associate degree, bachelor degree (B.Ed), masters (MEd, MA), specialist (EdS), and doctoral level (PhD and Ed.D). This page mainly provides links to schools where you can take online education programs. For links to schools where you can study on campus, go to the Campus Universities page.
Finding the schools and online education programs you want
The programs described on this website are divided into several areas according to age range: early childhood eucation, elementary education, secondary education, post-secondary education and adult education. There are also programs for special education, teacher certification, educational administration and leadership, and ESL certification.
For each area listed above, you will find a link to a separate page describing that area and its programs in greater detail and containing links to those schools offering the programs. If you don’t find the programs or schools you want in this list, or in the list of schools and programs at the foot of the page, please use the search forms on this page.
If you are seeking professional teacher status – some aspects cannot be completed online. The college needs to ensure you gain as much practical experience as possible and that your classroom performance is assessed. This not only gives you the experience you need, it also enables you to be certain that you have chosen the right career.
What are the career prospects for graduates of education?
Education is one of the largest industries and an online education degree offers plenty of career options. As well as teaching in the government education sector, graduates also find employment in: training; teaching in the private sector; community services; and, in administration. In order to teach in a college of a university, you need to take a Masters degree or a PhD. Education programs also provide a base for further training in counseling and careers work. Graduates also find work in development jobs and other non-profit organizations.
List of education schools and programs
- Prepare for a career of learning, leading and serving with an online degree from GCU's College of Education!
- Engage, instruct and inspire students of all ages with one of GCU's many degree focuses.
- Offering initial teacher preparation options for bachelor's and master's in education.
- Take advantage of the small class sizes in both our online and campus colleges.
- For over 60 years, GCU has proudly maintained its rich heritage as a prestigious teaching college.
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- B.S. in Math for Secondary Education
- B.S. in Business for Secondary Education (ITL)
- And more...
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Master of Education
- Master of Education / Online Teaching
- Master of Education - TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- Education Specialist: Curriculum and Instruction/Elementary Education
- And more...
- Choose from 16 education degrees at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels.
- Explore different facets of education, including curriculum development, administration, early childhood education, special education, and more.
- Most degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- Classes last 5 weeks for bachelor’s programs and 6 weeks for master’s programs.
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction
- MA Early Childhood Education Leadership
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Education in Higher Education
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!