This page provides help if you are interested in studying education programs, such as: early childhood, adult education, special education, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). These education programs combine content and subject knowledge with teaching knowledge and skills (pedagogy), i.e., they teach you what to teach and how to teach it.
Programs are offered at the associate degree, bachelor degree (B.Ed), masters (MEd, MA), specialist (EdS), and doctoral level (PhD and Ed.D). This page mainly provides links to schools where you can take online education programs. For links to schools where you can study on campus, go to the Campus Universities page.
Finding the schools and online education programs you want
The programs described on this website are divided into several areas according to age range: early childhood eucation, elementary education, secondary education, post-secondary education and adult education. There are also programs for special education, teacher certification, educational administration and leadership, and ESL certification.
For each area listed above, you will find a link to a separate page describing that area and its programs in greater detail and containing links to those schools offering the programs. If you don’t find the programs or schools you want in this list, or in the list of schools and programs at the foot of the page, please use the search forms on this page.
If you are seeking professional teacher status – some aspects cannot be completed online. The college needs to ensure you gain as much practical experience as possible and that your classroom performance is assessed. This not only gives you the experience you need, it also enables you to be certain that you have chosen the right career.
What are the career prospects for graduates of education?
Education is one of the largest industries and an online education degree offers plenty of career options. As well as teaching in the government education sector, graduates also find employment in: training; teaching in the private sector; community services; and, in administration. In order to teach in a college of a university, you need to take a Masters degree or a PhD. Education programs also provide a base for further training in counseling and careers work. Graduates also find work in development jobs and other non-profit organizations.
List of education schools and programs
- Want to be a Teacher or Educational Administrator? Learn why GCU could be the best place to start! Here's why:
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate education programs, including TESOL, early childhood ed, elementary ed, secondary ed & more.
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both. We also offer evening classes!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Financial Options: Numerous financing options available, including scholarships for academic achievement.
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education
- B.S. in Early Childhood
- And more...
- Regent’s School of Education will prepare you for today's dynamic world of education
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with TEAC graduate program accreditation
- Regent University is proud to be ranked as a top military-friendly school
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Specializations in instructional design, special education, & Christian leadership
- M.Ed. in Reading Specialist - Non-Licensure
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction - Teacher Leader
- M.Ed. in Student Affairs
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!