Leadership programs are useful for those interested in pursuing supervisory, management or leadership positions in business, government, military and other settings. Some take programs in criminal justice leadership, others take programs in organizational leadership or leadership psychology, and organizational leadership degrees. Whatever your interest is, or whatever your current position is, taking a leadership degree will be useful in assisting with your career prospects. This page helps you to locate suitable online leadership programs and tells you more about them.
What do online leadership programs cover?
Although many managers take leadership degrees, management skills and leadership skills are not the same. The difference between manager and leader is best illustrated with an example. A chief operations manager will use leadership skills when formulating a strategic plan and influencing others to follow it. On the other hand, he or she will use management skills when managing the resources of the company.
In order to develop the knowledge and skills required for leadership, students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include:
- communication and interpersonal skills;
- management decision making;
- building collaborative teams;
- change management;
- strategic planning;
- transformative leadership;
- leadership influences;
- diversity in organizations.
What are the career prospects?
A leadership degree can provide the leadership perspective you need to succeed in a management position at several levels. You can be equipped with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills to take on the demands of upper level management roles.
Chief executive officers can earn a salary of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these positions.
List of schools and programs
- Discover 31 bachelor’s and master’s degrees in all areas of business, including business administration, finance, Marketing, and more.
- 24 business degree programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- MA/Organizational Management - Organizational Leadership
- BA/Business Leadership
- MBA - Organizational Leadership
- And more...
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.S. in Leadership
- M.S. in Organizational Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MA: Human Services: Executive Leadership
- MA: Executive Leadership
- MSA: Leadership
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Project Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- Ph.D. Organizational Leadership
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!