Leadership programs are useful for those interested in pursuing supervisory, management or leadership positions in business, government, military and other settings. Some take programs in criminal justice leadership, others take programs in organizational leadership or leadership psychology, and organizational leadership degrees. Whatever your interest is, or whatever your current position is, taking a leadership degree will be useful in assisting with your career prospects. This page helps you to locate suitable online leadership programs and tells you more about them.
What do online leadership programs cover?
Although many managers take leadership degrees, management skills and leadership skills are not the same. The difference between manager and leader is best illustrated with an example. A chief operations manager will use leadership skills when formulating a strategic plan and influencing others to follow it. On the other hand, he or she will use management skills when managing the resources of the company.
In order to develop the knowledge and skills required for leadership, students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include:
- communication and interpersonal skills;
- management decision making;
- building collaborative teams;
- change management;
- strategic planning;
- transformative leadership;
- leadership influences;
- diversity in organizations.
What are the career prospects?
A leadership degree can provide the leadership perspective you need to succeed in a management position at several levels. You can be equipped with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills to take on the demands of upper level management roles.
Chief executive officers can earn a salary of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these positions.
List of schools and programs
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Project Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Human Resources Management
- And more...
CTU® degree programs are ranked on eight Best Degree Program lists by U.S. News & World Report in 2020, including Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans and Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for the sixth year in a row.
For important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs, go to: www.coloradotech.edu/disclosures
- Denver - Doctor of Management - Global Leadership
- Denver - Master of Science - Management
The path to a brighter future isn’t always clear. We face roadblocks and detours. Sometimes, we make a wrong turn and get lost. No matter where you are in your journey, Baker College can help you move forward to a rewarding career.
At Baker College, we know the importance of a quality education. We are regionally accredited with award-winning faculty. We will be there every step of the way so you can get where you’re going.
- Leadership Studies - MBA
- Business Administration (DBA - All-But-Dissertation Option)
- And more...
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- A.S. - Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with a concentration in Management
- Joint Master of Science in Education - Master of Business Administration
- And more...
The Berkeley Advantage®
Preparing students for professional and personal success is what Berkeley College is all about. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- BBA, General Business
- AAS, Bus Admin-Management
- And more...
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MBA Data Analytics
- MBA Strategic Management
- MBA Self Design
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AS in Business Administration: Executive Assistant
- AS in Business Administration: Bookkeeping
Serious about success? With your busy schedule and the desire to move your education forward, at AIU®, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelor’s or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
American InterContinental University™ is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. (www.hlcommission.org)
- Associate of Arts Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Business Management-AS