Why does a nurse who is already registered as an RN need to take a Bachelor’s degree, and do special upgrade programs exist online? People often enter the Nursing profession by completing an Associate degree program and then passing a national licensing examination in order to obtain a nursing license to become a Registered Nurse (RN). Being a Registered Nurse (RN) is very important, but advancement opportunities are usually better for graduates of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or even a Master’s degree (MSN). A Bachelor’s degree is usually necessary for administrative positions and is a prerequisite for admission to graduate nursing programs in research, teaching, or a clinical specialization. So many RNs with an Associate degree wish to take Bachelor’s programs to prepare for these opportunities.
There are many degree programs specifically for Registered Nurses who have Associate degrees and now wish to complete their BSN degrees. These programs are called “RN to BSN” programs. This page is about online RN to BSN programs, what’s included in them, and where they can be studied?
What is studied in an online RN to BSN program?
The objective of an RN-to-BSN program is to develop the professional knowledge and skills of working registered nurses, and for them to apply these to nursing, client, and health care systems. Nurses also learn to integrate methods of research and scholarship in their work.
The curriculum of a program typically comprises a foundation of biological, physical, and social sciences, together with more specialized courses in health promotion, risk reduction, disease prevention, information technology, ethics, human diversity, management theory, and health care system and policies. Students in these programs are sometimes required to complete practicums.
Career prospects for BSN graduates
Technological advances in patient care and the aging population of the country will drive growth in the health care sector. The U.S. Department of Labor reports that employment of registered nurses is expected to grow significantly from 2012 to 2022. This is a good time to choose nursing as a career.
BSN graduates are encouraged to consider a Master’s program as their next step. Some schools/colleges offer online RN to MSN programs – a quicker way to get your Master’s degree in Nursing.
List of schools and programs
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Executive Leadership
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!