This page provides an annotated list of websites with OER (Open Educational Resources) for education teaching materials. It is not a definitive list – please let us know of sites that you think should be included.
Right click on the following links to open in a new window so that you can easily return here. You might also want to check our page of Selected OER.
- Open Courseware Consortium – use, share, and support OER (multilingual site) at http://www.oeconsortium.org/
- A good site to view video clips (sometimes long) of academic lectures on a range of topics is http://academicearth.org/ The lectures vary in style and quality, so it is worth browsing.
- OER Commons – free to use resources for teaching and learning from around the world at http://www.oercommons.org/
- TED talks (Technology, Education, Design) lots of informative video clips and a wider community of users at http://www.ted.com/
- This site is from the US Education Department consisting of teaching and learning resources from the US Federal government. New sites are added regularly: http://free.ed.gov/
- The Open University OpenLearn Project: http://openlearn.open.ac.uk – an excellent resource
- Another good site from the UK Open University on interactive learning, with links to lots of great educational videoclips (now part of the OpenLearn Project): http://www.open2.net
- The Creative Commons site (re-use and mix for free) http://creativecommons.org/ or learn about Creative Commons by watching their video presentations at: http://creativecommons.org/videos
- EdutechWiki, an educational technology open resource, at TECFA, University of Geneva: http://edutechwiki.unige.ch
- Online College Classes – A free compendium of educational multimedia content from around the web.
- A website that works like a search engine to locate OER for educational use http://www.oerrecommender.org
- Directory of Open Access Journals: http://www.doaj.org
- A free service for finding scholarly articles: http://www.citeulike.org
- The site of the European Digital Library Project and resources http://www.edlproject.eu
- Wikimedia Commons: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Commonwealth of Learning (COL) WikiEducator http://www.wikieducator.org
- Harvard Open Collections Program (OCP): http://ocp.hul.harvard.edu
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) OpenCourseWare (OCW): http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/index.htm
- Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT): http://www.merlot.org/merlot/index.htm
- Open access courses from Yale University http://oyc.yale.edu
- Connexions: sharing knowledge and building communities: http://cnx.org
- Open Archives Initiative (OAI): http://www.openarchives.org
- Sofia (Sharing of Free Intellectual Assets) Open Content Initiative – Modeled after MIT’s OpenCourseWare Initiative, Sofia encourages the free exchange of community college-level materials on the World Wide Web: http://sofia.fhda.edu/gallery
- Blended Learning (click “Sourcing Content”): http://blendedlearning.wikispaces.com
- Wikipedia: http://www.wikipedia.org
- Open Directory Project (ODP): http://www.dmoz.org
- BC Campus – shareable online learning resources at: http://solr.bccampus.ca:8001/bcc/access/home.do?
- dgcommunities – OER plus some links to further information at: http://openeducation.zunia.org
- Free Learning – access free educational resources from across the globe at: http://freelearning.bccampus.ca
- Harvard University Library – Open Collections Program – links to many open resources: http://ocp.hul.harvard.edu
- Intute Virtual Training Suite providing online tutorial by subject to help with study skills: http://www.vts.intute.ac.uk
- National Science Digital Library (USA) online resources for education K12 and Higher Education at http://nsdl.org
- Utah State University OpenCourseWare site (and links to other US institutions) at http://ocw.usu.edu
- Jorum – shareable OER for Higher Education and Further Education from UK institutions at http://www.jorum.ac.uk
- Google Books – an enhanced catalogue of global books (with downloads for out-of-copyright books) http://books.google.com/googlebooks/library.html
- More books for free (not just academic books): http://manybooks.net
- OER search (no annotations): http://edtechpost.wikispaces.com/OER+Dynamic+Search+Engine
- Curriki – a community of educators, learners and education experts who are working together to create quality materials for teachers and students around the world: http://www.curriki.org
- Gleeditions – a site that provides free, searchable access to public domain Common Core literature for grades 9-CCR, developed by a team of instructional technologists and professors: http://www.gleeditions.com
- DD-Library – a Canadian non-profit that operates a digital library of OERs for teachers in Afghanistan: http://www.ddl.af/en
- AddictionCenter.com, connects individuals struggling with addiction to treatment options, as well as providing valuable information about substance dependence: https://www.addictioncenter.com
More OER Websites
Click on the other resource links on this site:
List of schools and programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- Master of Education - TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- B.S. in Child Studies
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Curriculum & Instruction: Early Childhood Education
- And more...
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction
- MA Early Childhood Education Leadership
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- B.S. in Math for Secondary Education
- B.S. in Business for Secondary Education (ITL)
- And more...
- Early Childhood Education
- Take your education career further with a Master's or Doctorate degree from Argosy
- Non-profit with NCATE accreditation for the College of Education
- Choose degrees in Teaching and Learning, Cirriculumn and Instruction and more
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Curriculum and Instruction (EdD)
- Higher and Postsecondary Education (EdD)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Education in Higher Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- E-Learning - EdS
- MEd - Reading Education
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- And more...