People who choose organizational leadership online or campus-based programs are often interested in pursuing leadership or management positions or in enhancing their careers in business, government, nonprofit, or military settings. Whatever your interest is, or whatever your current position is, a leadership qualification will probably be useful in your career prospects. Many organizational leadership degree programs come under business administration or business management, but degree programs with an organizational leadership perspective also exist in psychology, education, health, and public administration.
Programs can be taken at bachelors, masters and doctoral levels, and people usually prefer to take them online so as to avoid interrupting their careers. This page provides information about the programs, schools and careers.
What do organizational leadership degrees cover?
Although many managers take leadership degrees, management skills and leadership skills are not the same. A degree in organizational leadership focuses on the skills of transformational leadership, i.e., those skills needed to help an organization to undergo whatever changes are required in order to achieve its vision. In order to develop the knowledge and skills required for leadership, students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include: communication and interpersonal skills, management decision making, building collaborative teams, change management, strategic planning, transformative leadership, leadership influences, diversity in organizations.
What are the career prospects?
As organizations face increasing globalization, competition, changing economies, and changing demographics of clients and workforce, transformational leadership is required more than ever. This is true in companies in all fields of work, so whatever your career interest or current employment is, an organizational leadership degree online is a sensible choice. It will provide you with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills that you need to succeed in a management position at senior levels in an organization. But it is also possible to work as a development specialist or as a consultant in organizational development.
Chief executive officers can earn a salary of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these positions. Most would require an MBA or even a doctorate in business.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- B.S. in Management
- B.S. in Business Administration / Management
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- MA: Human Services: Executive Leadership
- MA: Executive Leadership
- MSA: Leadership
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Project Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Master of Science(Online)
- Top-ranked online MBA
- As few as 24 months to complete
- GMAT waivers for experienced professionals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Six concentrations available
- AACSB accredited
- Master of Business Adminitration (MBA)
The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver has offered a top-quality business education since 1908. Through [email protected], students can earn a Daniels degree while continuing to pursue their personal and professional passions.
- Master of Business Administration
- Join UC Berkeley Executive Education’s Blockchain online program to explore the possibilities.
- Blockchain is the underlying technology that makes crypto currencies like Bitcoin and Ripple possible
- Learn block chain with UC Berkeley Executive Education online.
- Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program
- Master Design Thinking
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!