People who choose organizational leadership online or campus-based programs are often interested in pursuing leadership or management positions or in enhancing their careers in business, government, nonprofit, or military settings. Whatever your interest is, or whatever your current position is, a leadership qualification will probably be useful in your career prospects. Many organizational leadership degree programs come under business administration or business management, but degree programs with an organizational leadership perspective also exist in psychology, education, health, and public administration.
Programs can be taken at bachelors, masters and doctoral levels, and people usually prefer to take them online so as to avoid interrupting their careers. This page provides information about the programs, schools and careers.
What do organizational leadership degrees cover?
Although many managers take leadership degrees, management skills and leadership skills are not the same. A degree in organizational leadership focuses on the skills of transformational leadership, i.e., those skills needed to help an organization to undergo whatever changes are required in order to achieve its vision. In order to develop the knowledge and skills required for leadership, students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include: communication and interpersonal skills, management decision making, building collaborative teams, change management, strategic planning, transformative leadership, leadership influences, diversity in organizations.
What are the career prospects?
As organizations face increasing globalization, competition, changing economies, and changing demographics of clients and workforce, transformational leadership is required more than ever. This is true in companies in all fields of work, so whatever your career interest or current employment is, an organizational leadership degree online is a sensible choice. It will provide you with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills that you need to succeed in a management position at senior levels in an organization. But it is also possible to work as a development specialist or as a consultant in organizational development.
Chief executive officers can earn a salary of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these positions. Most would require an MBA or even a doctorate in business.
List of schools and programs
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Educational Leadership (Ph.D.)
- Bachelor of Science in Leadership
- Doctor of Business Administration
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Project Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Human Resources Management
- And more...
With more than 40 years of history as an accredited, not-for-profit institution, Saybrook University offers you a rich educational tradition with high quality faculty. If you want to make a difference and revitalize our world in a professional capacity, earning a master's or doctoral graduate degree from Saybrook University is a great way to start.
- Doctor of Business Administration: Sustainable Social Impact (DBA)
- Master of Business Administration: Sustainable Social Impact (MBA)
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!