Programs in TESOL provide you with the skills to teach English to speakers of other languages. Although there are plenty of job opportunities in this field, you don’t take TESOL or TESL to become rich. But you do get to travel to some interesting places. With this training you are well-equipped to travel and experience other cultures, whilst having a educationally rewarding teaching career. You may not get the biggest salary, but you certainly can get an exciting lifestyle, and learn a lot about the world. This page will help you find out more about the programs, where you can study them online, career prospects, and more…
What is involved in programs in TESOL?
“TESOL” stands for “Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages”. As the name suggests, it is a specialized branch of education. Various other phrases have been used to describe the same activity, including most prominently: TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language; and, TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language, sometimes also abbreviated ESL). In practice, there is little difference between ESL, TESL, TEFL and TESOL courses.
If travel and experiencing new cultures are things you like or think you’d like, then a TESOL certificate is the qualification for you. If you want to make a career of TESOL, then you may wish to consider taking a TESOL masters program.
List of schools and programs
Building a better future starts in the classroom. The online master’s degree programs from American University’s School of Education are designed to prepare you to teach the next generation of difference makers.
- Masters in Teaching
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. Today we continue that effort, offering 21 degree programs for residential undergraduate students, as well as graduate and seminary programs, professional certificates, and convenient online programs for working adults.
- Master of Education (Instruction & Learning)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education*
Fordham University’s online Master of Science in Teaching (M.S.T.) program prepares aspiring teachers (grades 1–6) to address the needs of today’s students. In addition to providing essential skills and experience, the M.S.T. program prepares students seeking initial teaching certification. The program offers two tracks: an M.S.T. in Childhood Education and an M.S.T. in Childhood Special Education (Dual Certification). Both combine live classes, interactive coursework, and placement experiences to prepare students to become effective teachers.
- MS in Teaching-Childhood Education
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.