Programs in TESOL provide you with the skills to teach English to speakers of other languages. Although there are plenty of job opportunities in this field, you don’t take TESOL or TESL to become rich. But you do get to travel to some interesting places. With this training you are well-equipped to travel and experience other cultures, whilst having a educationally rewarding teaching career. You may not get the biggest salary, but you certainly can get an exciting lifestyle, and learn a lot about the world. This page will help you find out more about the programs, where you can study them online, career prospects, and more…
What is involved in programs in TESOL?
“TESOL” stands for “Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages”. As the name suggests, it is a specialized branch of education. Various other phrases have been used to describe the same activity, including most prominently: TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language; and, TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language, sometimes also abbreviated ESL). In practice, there is little difference between ESL, TESL, TEFL and TESOL courses.
If travel and experiencing new cultures are things you like or think you’d like, then a TESOL certificate is the qualification for you. If you want to make a career of TESOL, then you may wish to consider taking a TESOL masters program.
List of schools and programs
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching
- Master of Education
- Master of Education / Online Teaching
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- Instructional Design & Technology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!