Programs in TESOL provide you with the skills to teach English to speakers of other languages. Although there are plenty of job opportunities in this field, you don’t take TESOL or TESL to become rich. But you do get to travel to some interesting places. With this training you are well-equipped to travel and experience other cultures, whilst having a educationally rewarding teaching career. You may not get the biggest salary, but you certainly can get an exciting lifestyle, and learn a lot about the world. This page will help you find out more about the programs, where you can study them online, career prospects, and more…
What is involved in programs in TESOL?
“TESOL” stands for “Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages”. As the name suggests, it is a specialized branch of education. Various other phrases have been used to describe the same activity, including most prominently: TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language; and, TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language, sometimes also abbreviated ESL). In practice, there is little difference between ESL, TESL, TEFL and TESOL courses.
If travel and experiencing new cultures are things you like or think you’d like, then a TESOL certificate is the qualification for you. If you want to make a career of TESOL, then you may wish to consider taking a TESOL masters program.
List of schools and programs
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Master of Science in Chemistry with an Emphasis in Education
- M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- DMN: Expository Preaching and Teaching
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Urban Education
- MA Teaching: Middle Grades
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!