- Concepts, types, and approaches to value;
- selecting the best comparables when estimating real property value;
- accurately determining square footage;
- adjustments to value;
- market timing, and the reasoning and strategies as to why property sells;
- operational aspects of running a property management firm;
- the hiring process, employee management and evaluation;
- analyze and manage liability risks and insurance;
- the security and safety responsibilities of a property manager;
- pros and cons of private maintenance companies, setting up a maintenance system;
- evaluating a property’s maintenance needs, and common maintenance problems;
- record-keeping, promotion, and advertising;
- how to handle problem tenants, complaints, waiting lists, late rent, evictions, fair housing issues, and owner relations
- organization of a property management office;
- creating policy manuals;
- management costs and fees,
- the home loan process;
- elements of conventional financing, loan-to-value ratios, and private mortgage insurance;
- commercial loan products, construction loans, special purpose loans, and the loan needs of farmers and ranchers;
- alternative financing, adjustable rate mortgages, FHA and VA loans, purchase money mortgages, wrap-around financing, land contracts, lease/option plans, and other types of creative financing;
- real estate mathematics;
- area and volume calculation, the Rectangular Survey System, the Metes and Bounds System;
- proration, commission rates, and property values;
- completing a review of settlement costs.
If you wish to increase your knowledge about these or other specific areas related to real estate management and sales, you may wish to take some of the following real estate short courses. These can be taken to provide relevant entry level knowledge and skills (especially if you possess a qualification in another field) or as supplementary to a real estate qualification.
List of real estate short courses
|The Loan - An Overview|
|Human Land Use
|Real Estate Math|
|Qualifying Buyer and Property
For many other short courses, including US state-specific courses in Real Estate Exam Preparation, Real Estate Prelicense, and Real Estate Continuing Education, go to real estate education.
List of schools with degree programs
- Discover 31 bachelor’s and master’s degrees in all areas of business, including business administration, finance, Marketing, and more.
- 24 business degree programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- BA/Real Estate Studies