To make a successful career in the world of sport, you don’t have to be a player – you can instead be employed in sports management. There is a variety of challenging and lucrative sports management jobs available, and many career paths to choose from. Professional sporting teams employ many staff members, in various roles, e.g., as coaches, trainers, athletics directors, and recruiters. All these roles are aspects of sports management.
A sports management degree program can help you get a successful career in the world of sport, even though you might not be athletic. This page tells you more about sport management study, where you can find suitable degree programs, what the carer prospects are, and more …
What jobs do graduates get?
Sports management is a diverse field. Coaching is a great option if you want to be heavily involved in a sporting activity that you are passionate about. For this, you need to have playing experience and have enjoyed some personal success. In addition, a comprehensive knowledge of the game is imperative. This includes all the rules, regulations, and everything else attached to it.
When you graduate in sports management, you can start a coaching career by working as a high school or college coach. As you build up your resume, you can then better opportunities. Alternatively, you could become a trainer who works alongside a coach. Trainers keep the team physically fit, organize their nutrition, and overall health. To work as a trainer, your coursework study should have included subjects like physiology and anatomy.
If you love all sports, another position to be pursued is that of an Athletics Director. Again, you can work in a high school or college environment, or seek employment with a professional sporting association. The main components of this job are management and marketing. In a similar line, there is the opportunity to work as an Events Manager. This work involves organizing tickets, supervising staff, coordinating schedules, marketing, and advertising.
What are the prospects for graduates?
In the USA, the future is very bright for anyone with a sports management qualification. Up to the year 2018, the Bureau of Labor predicts that job employment opportunities will keep pace with other professional occupations. Many jobs will become vacant due to the increasing number of baby-boomers about to retire. It is difficult to give an average sports management salary because it comprises so many diverse occupations. Nevertheless, the earning potential is excellent, especially with a masters in sports management.
List of schools and programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Management / Sport Management
- B.S. in Sport Management
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Sports Marketing and Media, Bachelor of Science
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Sports Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Sports Management - Doctor of Education
- Sports Management - Master of Education
- Sports Management - PhD in Education
- And more...
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!