Design thinking is a methodology that’s not exclusive for designers as it can help people understand and develop creative ways to solve a specific issue, generally business oriented. In the Alison free online course “Diploma in Design Thinking” you will be introduced to design thinking and activities that designers apply during the process of designing. You will learn about the seven mindsets for designers, how there is more than aesthetics to design, and the perceived value that people place on what they see. You will be introduced to the storytelling approach to design, about prototyping, about usability testing, and about prototype fidelity.
This course will be of great interest to professionals working in the areas of product and service design and who would like to learn more about the techniques and methodologies that designers use during the design process.
Diploma in Design Thinking Course Content
In this course you will learn about design thinking and activities that designers apply during the process of designing. The course introduces you to design thinking for people centered design, how to examine and reflect on design problems, research for design, creating storyboards to visualize your concept, prototyping and how it helps your design development, how usability testing should be carried out, what design freedom is and who should evaluate your design, and about prototype fidelity and how it changes as the design progresses.
- Design thinking for creative problem solving.
- Mindsets for designers.
- People-centered design.
- How to reflect on a problem when designing.
- How to explore a problem and analyze it.
- User research for designing your product/service.
- The difference between market research and design research.
- How to frame questions for interviewing users.
- How to create a persona to help represent your users.
- The use of insight statements and a design strategy statement.
- Methods for innovation and generating ideas.
- Idea generation techniques and questions to ask.
- The process of bundling your ideas to create a concept.
- How scenarios and storyboards help articulate and visualise your design.
- How prototyping is a powerful tool for designing.
- The importance of usability testing.
- Why you should have users evaluate your design.
- Design freedom and prototype fidelity.
- Why you should record your results from usability testing.
- The purpose of pitching your design.
- What a design rationale is.
- To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 10-15 Hours
- Publisher: NPTEL
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.