“Technology degree” is a broad concept that can cover many types of educational programs. Here we use it in a fairly restricted way to mean courses and programs concerned with the application of computers and other information technology. Thus, included would be degrees in information technology, computer science, information systems and technology management.
It is possible to find schools offering computer and technology programs at all levels, for example, one can find IT programs from an associate degree in information technology to a master degree in information technology. On this page, find out about the range of technology degrees available, what’s in them, where to take them, the career prospects after completion, and more … Or you can browse to see the science programs that are available.
Prospect for graduates of technology degrees
In recent years, the rapid growth in the application of computers and information technology in the public and private sectors has created an overwhelming need for professionals who are educated in this field. Some people take a specialist degree such as a health information technology degree. This narrows down the range of jobs they can apply for, but can lead to a higher salary. Some of the information technology degree jobs include: computer applications software engineer, computer systems software engineer, database administrator, computer systems analyst, and network systems and data communication analyst.
On average, an information technology graduate can expect to earn about $35,000 when they are at the entry level. Those with more education can expect a slightly higher starting salary of around $59,000, which will grow with each added year of experience in the field.
List of schools and programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems / Computer Networking
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems / Computer Software Development Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Information Technology
- B.S. in Business Information Systems
- B.S. in Applied Business Information Systems
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and Master’s level programs in digital investigations, information assurance and security, project management, and more.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- 8 out the top 20 employers of AIU graduates are Fortune 50 companies
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Information Assurance and Security
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Software Analysis and Development
- Syracuse University’s Master of Science in Computer Science program is designed to help students discover groundbreaking solutions to complex technology challenges.
- Students will gain advanced knowledge in critical areas, such as Security and Assurance, Artificial Intelligence, and Computer Architecture, and Advanced Programming.
- Founded in 1901, the school has maintained its reputation as a leader in the field, offering a curriculum built on theory, fundamentals, and application
- Designated by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAEIAE) since 2001
- Designed and taught by Syracuse faculty, the curriculum built on theory, fundamentals, and application.
- MS in Computer Science
- ECPI’s online programs keep you ahead of curve in today’s fast-growing tech industry
- SACS accredited with programs in Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Engineering & more
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Courses utilize technology & simulation software to create real world experiences
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Electronics Engineering Technology - Associate's
- Cloud Computing - Bachelor's
- IT Management - Bachelor's
- And more...
- MIT ENTREPRENEURSHIP ONLINE BOOTCAMP
- FROM IDEA TO STARTUP IN 8 WEEKS
- Machine Learning
- Software Development Bachelors - Online
- Software Development Associates - Online
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!