Technology is a fundamental but complicated area of business today. It can play a pivotal role in helping an organization to outshine competitors and have an impact on every area of the organization. If you want to acquire a satisfying and rewarding career relating to this subject, a technology management program should be thought of as a prerequisite. A technology management program will provide you with the skills and knowledge that you require to enter an exciting and rewarding field at the forefront of organizational change. It will prepare you for IT leadership or management-level positions in service organizations or business, health care, military, government, or nonprofit settings.
There are online programs available at the various degree levels, but to obtain a senior management position a technology management masters is required. This page provides more details and has links to selected schools offering programs at all levels. You might also like to look at the degrees in information technology, computer science, and information systems. If you want more information on campus-based program you can also check out the campus universities page.
What do you study in a technology management program?
An accredited program in technology management would include topics such as: innovative problem solving solutions and skills, basics of global competition, how to recognize opportunities from business convergence, creating preferential technological business advantages, anticipating and analyzing current and future trends, and how to apply leadership skills and concepts into real time work situations. Your program would also probably include business and management courses such as: human resource management, staff development, and e-business.
Although it is possible to study elements of the management of technology in a business environment at the bachelor’s level (e.g., in a bachelor of business administration with a specialization in IT), it is more usually studied at the masters level. A program at masters level will include the strategies, management tactics, and organizational processes required in organizations, as well as the concepts, methodologies, and tools required for managing complex technology projects and programs. It would probably also include: systems analysis and design, decision-making techniques, strategic planning, quality management, improving productivity through technology, financial analysis, and market research.
At the doctoral level, the aim is for the candidate integrate practical technical experience with management theory and practice in order to create innovative, positive, and practical contributions in the technology management field. Coursework emphasis is usually on critical thinking, leadership, and the application of technology content areas. Graduates will be able to understand and evaluate the influence of technology from organizational, industry-wide, and global perspectives, and provide transformational leadership in technology management in their organizations.
What are the career prospect in technology management?
There are ample opportunities for qualified technology management graduates to find gainful employment. You would find that openings become available to you such as a software manager, IT section supervisor, management head, technical executive, or even trainee management positions.
Graduates of a masters technology management are able to command a salary of between $65,000 and $165,000 per annum depending upon the exact nature of the position and company. The best paid role would be that of a chief information officer. With a median salary of no less than $100,000 it is a career choice that is rarely regretted.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Business Administration / Computer Information Systems
- Master of Business Administration - Multidisciplinary
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- And more...
- ECPI’s programs keep you ahead of curve in today’s fast-growing tech industry
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Choose from programs in Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Engineering & more
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- IT Management - Bachelor's
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Business Administration
- Bridge (Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Data Analytics)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Business Administration in Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration: Communications
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration: Marketing Analytics
- And more...
- Separate yourself from the pack by completing one of Saint Leo’s highly-rated Business degree programs. Associates, Bachelors, and Graduate degrees in highly sought-after concentrations available!
- Learn the necessary skills and build the foundation to propel your business career by receiving an education from our faculty members with true real-world experience.
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Saint Leo offers a 14:1 Student-Teacher Ratio to ensure you get the personal attention you deserve.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Business degree today!
- MBA: Cybersecurity Management
- AA: Business Administration
- DBA: Business Administration
- And more...
- Our top-ranking program blends modern business theory with real-world experience
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with ACBSP graduate business program accreditation
- High-quality, Christ-centered education with online and select on-campus & evening courses
- Qualifying bachelor's students can transfer up to 90 credit hours into their degree program
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business - General Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with Concentration in IT Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Admin w/Con Business Analytics
- And more...
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!