Technology is a fundamental but complicated area of business today. It can play a pivotal role in helping an organization to outshine competitors and have an impact on every area of the organization. If you want to acquire a satisfying and rewarding career relating to this subject, a technology management program should be thought of as a prerequisite. A technology management program will provide you with the skills and knowledge that you require to enter an exciting and rewarding field at the forefront of organizational change. It will prepare you for IT leadership or management-level positions in service organizations or business, health care, military, government, or nonprofit settings.
There are online programs available at the various degree levels, but to obtain a senior management position a technology management masters is required. This page provides more details and has links to selected schools offering programs at all levels. You might also like to look at the degrees in information technology, computer science, and information systems. If you want more information on campus-based program you can also check out the campus universities page.
What do you study in a technology management program?
An accredited program in technology management would include topics such as: innovative problem solving solutions and skills, basics of global competition, how to recognize opportunities from business convergence, creating preferential technological business advantages, anticipating and analyzing current and future trends, and how to apply leadership skills and concepts into real time work situations. Your program would also probably include business and management courses such as: human resource management, staff development, and e-business.
Although it is possible to study elements of the management of technology in a business environment at the bachelor’s level (e.g., in a bachelor of business administration with a specialization in IT), it is more usually studied at the masters level. A program at masters level will include the strategies, management tactics, and organizational processes required in organizations, as well as the concepts, methodologies, and tools required for managing complex technology projects and programs. It would probably also include: systems analysis and design, decision-making techniques, strategic planning, quality management, improving productivity through technology, financial analysis, and market research.
At the doctoral level, the aim is for the candidate integrate practical technical experience with management theory and practice in order to create innovative, positive, and practical contributions in the technology management field. Coursework emphasis is usually on critical thinking, leadership, and the application of technology content areas. Graduates will be able to understand and evaluate the influence of technology from organizational, industry-wide, and global perspectives, and provide transformational leadership in technology management in their organizations.
What are the career prospect in technology management?
There are ample opportunities for qualified technology management graduates to find gainful employment. You would find that openings become available to you such as a software manager, IT section supervisor, management head, technical executive, or even trainee management positions.
Graduates of a masters technology management are able to command a salary of between $65,000 and $165,000 per annum depending upon the exact nature of the position and company. The best paid role would be that of a chief information officer. With a median salary of no less than $100,000 it is a career choice that is rarely regretted.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Business Administration / Computer Information Systems
- Master of Business Administration - Multidisciplinary
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Technology Management
- Master of Science in Management IT and Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - IT
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MBA - Information Technology
- BS in Business Administration - Information Systems Management
- AAS in Business Administration - Information Processing
- And more...
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- MBA - Project Management
- And more...
- ECPI’s online programs keep you ahead of curve in today’s fast-growing tech industry
- SACS accredited with programs in Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Engineering & more
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Courses utilize technology & simulation software to create real world experiences
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- IT Management - Bachelor's
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Management of Engineering & Technology - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Management of Engineering and Technology - D.B.A.
- Management Information Systems - D.B.A.
- And more...
The Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland is recognized by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s Best Business Schools. Students who complete their master’s degree online become part of a network of over 60,000 Smith School alumni, including more than 8,500 MBA graduates, making them part of a powerful network of business connections.
- MBA - Information Systems & Business Analytics
- MBA - General
- Doctorate of Business Administration in Information Systems and Enterprise Resource Management (DBAISERM)
- Master of Business Administration Information Systems and Knowledge Management (MBAISKM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- And more...
You can receive a top-notch education in a flexible environment. Learn more about the Villanova online learning experience and the difference that sets us apart by further exploring our online programs.
Rankings- Villanova University is consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- The Villanova School of Business (VSB) was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online Graduate Business Programs ranking, earning the #1 rank.
- Villanova University was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online MBA Programs.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738. 21 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738.
- Online Master of Business Administration
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes. 100% Free Match to Top Colleges.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You'll Love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!