Technology is a fundamental but complicated area of business today. It can play a pivotal role in helping an organization to outshine competitors and have an impact on every area of the organization. If you want to acquire a satisfying and rewarding career relating to this subject, a technology management program should be thought of as a prerequisite. A technology management program will provide you with the skills and knowledge that you require to enter an exciting and rewarding field at the forefront of organizational change. It will prepare you for IT leadership or management-level positions in service organizations or business, health care, military, government, or nonprofit settings.
There are online programs available at the various degree levels, but to obtain a senior management position a technology management masters is required. This page provides more details and has links to selected schools offering programs at all levels. You might also like to look at the degrees in information technology, computer science, and information systems. If you want more information on campus-based program you can also check out the campus universities page.
What do you study in a technology management program?
An accredited program in technology management would include topics such as: innovative problem solving solutions and skills, basics of global competition, how to recognize opportunities from business convergence, creating preferential technological business advantages, anticipating and analyzing current and future trends, and how to apply leadership skills and concepts into real time work situations. Your program would also probably include business and management courses such as: human resource management, staff development, and e-business.
Although it is possible to study elements of the management of technology in a business environment at the bachelor’s level (e.g., in a bachelor of business administration with a specialization in IT), it is more usually studied at the masters level. A program at masters level will include the strategies, management tactics, and organizational processes required in organizations, as well as the concepts, methodologies, and tools required for managing complex technology projects and programs. It would probably also include: systems analysis and design, decision-making techniques, strategic planning, quality management, improving productivity through technology, financial analysis, and market research.
At the doctoral level, the aim is for the candidate integrate practical technical experience with management theory and practice in order to create innovative, positive, and practical contributions in the technology management field. Coursework emphasis is usually on critical thinking, leadership, and the application of technology content areas. Graduates will be able to understand and evaluate the influence of technology from organizational, industry-wide, and global perspectives, and provide transformational leadership in technology management in their organizations.
What are the career prospect in technology management?
There are ample opportunities for qualified technology management graduates to find gainful employment. You would find that openings become available to you such as a software manager, IT section supervisor, management head, technical executive, or even trainee management positions.
Graduates of a masters technology management are able to command a salary of between $65,000 and $165,000 per annum depending upon the exact nature of the position and company. The best paid role would be that of a chief information officer. With a median salary of no less than $100,000 it is a career choice that is rarely regretted.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Business Administration / Computer Information Systems
- Master of Business Administration - Multidisciplinary
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Management of Engineering & Technology - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Management of Engineering and Technology - MBA
- Management of Engineering and Technology - D.B.A.
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Business Administration
- Bridge (Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Data Analytics)
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business - General Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
- Associate of Science - Business Administration